Valvoline? Or What?

foreverford

Established Member
Ever since i was young my dad always said fords are the best, so everything i drive is ford. He also told me Valvoline oil is the best, so i use it.
I would like to know your opinion, what oil do you use, weight and brand? And is synthetic any good?
I live in las vegas, so it gets HOT!
Thanks
Paul:D

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
Synthetic oil is definitely better than conventional oil. As far as different brands go, who knows which is better? My opinion is all name brand oils are as good as the other (syn vs. syn ; con vs. con of course). Ford does not recommend synthetic oil for this engine, so I feel as if it is not needed. If the engine oil was circulated through the supercharger on this engine, I would use synthetic. But it's not .

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
I run Mobil 1, 5w30. Is it any good? I've used it in my last three trucks and never had a problem with it. The only down side is the cost. It's about 3 times more than conventional oil.

I put Valvoline in my wifes Explorer and I run it in my boat. Twin 454 engines in the boat that run all day in the 3200 rpm range.

The best tip I can give you on oil is to change it and the filter often.

wuplash

Established Member
i'am glad someone brought this up i have used mobil1 synthetic in my last 2 vehicles with no problems i looked in my lightning owner manual for type of oil earlier today as i'am due for my 1st oil and filter change they recommend 5w20 and go on to say they don't want you to use any oil type additives but there is no mention of not being able to use synthetic that i read so i bought me a m1 210 filter and 6qts of 5w30 that will work just fine.

wuplash

Established Member
anybody know what the difference is on 00 model ford recommend 5w30 vs 01 5w20 as only engine difference between the 00 and 01 i'am aware of is the design change on the intake and intercooloer.

Users who are viewing this thread