Valve cover PCV - Catch can users

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Do you guys find fluid other then oil in yours?

I drained mine yesterday and found this"

IMG00278-20110417-1711.jpg

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
actually it's Tang.

seriously tho - that's what came out of the catch can.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Not sure why this is in the distillery section but I will answer anyhow.

Yep I found a bit in mine but not even close to that much. I have both valave covers running to a can with a filter on it. It’s just a mix of fuel, oil and condensation. Ford would rather blow that crap back into the after cooler and gum it up. :??:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Not sure why this is in the distillery section but I will answer anyhow.

because the car runs on E85 and what I've found is certainly not oil. It seems like water.

Yep I found a bit in mine but not even close to that much. I have both valave covers running to a can with a filter on it. It’s just a mix of fuel, oil and condensation. Ford would rather blow that crap back into the after cooler and gum it up. :??:

That's how mine is set up, lines running to a Moroso can, with a breather on the can.

Thx.

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
because the car runs on E85 and what I've found is certainly not oil. It seems like water.

That's how mine is set up, lines running to a Moroso can, with a breather on the can.

Thx.

I got the same thing and all I run is 93 pump in my car. Thats all I ment. Looks like we have the same catch can.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
Mine is mostly oil. Altho it usually does smell like E85. It is a light color oil so im sure its mixed with water/gas.

One thing I have found is when running E85 there is a lot more condensation in the engine and exhaust.

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Mine is mostly oil. Altho it usually does smell like E85. It is a light color oil so im sure its mixed with water/gas.

One thing I have found is when running E85 there is a lot more condensation in the engine and exhaust.

Thanks, I definitely have noticed a lot more water vapor in the exhaust compared to any other car that I've owned.

mtnrunner

Established Member
When my buddy got his 600whp sti tuned on e85 the tuner (paul at yimisport) told us that e85 causes a lot of water to be vented out the pcv. Apparently its a normal thing.

Users who are viewing this thread