valve cover filter oil mess! ?

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
I'm running filters on the valve covers...

The passenger side filter is dripping quite a bit of oil.. Other than a catch can setup, what are you guys doing to keep the mess down?

Shop rags wrapped around the filter?

crazycarlo

Established Member
you can wrap a shop rag around it but other then a catch can there isnt much else to do besides go back stock with inline filters.

theunseenclass

Get that shit outa here
Established Member
Put a sweatband around the filter.any vapor that gets thru the filter will get absorbed by the band.

Quicktime_GT

Established Member
hmmm... .I suppose that's what I'm going to do!

I don't want to try to build a catch can setup, so I'll keep battling the mess lol

mmustangsrus

boost makes daddy happy
Established Member
i had a catch can & didnt really notice it was losing that much oil until i got rid of it & went to the fliter setup & now i`m wondering why there`s sooooooooooo much oil coming out of the passenger side ?????

i guess i`m going to go back to the catch can setup

Ukfox89

Established Member
I have been told that by not running a pcv system you have more blow by on your rings cause the recirculation of the crankcase pressure helps seal the rings. at least thats what i have been told.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
hmmm... .I suppose that's what I'm going to do!

I don't want to try to build a catch can setup, so I'll keep battling the mess lol

That's strange Quicktime? for about the first 6 months of running K&N breathers I put sweatbands around them anticipating some oil vapor seeping out and getting on the valve covers But for mine NOT the case, I have nothing wrapped around them now with zero leakage:rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread