Valve body ?

castellscl

Established Member
Gents, I have a question regarding transmission valve bodies. Years back I purchased an upgraded Factory Tech valve body, installed it, then decided I wanted his 2C version(harder shifts). Fast forward a few years and I decide to buy a whole Punisher transmission. I'd like to sell the 3 valve bodies I have now, but don't know how to tell them apart. I do know which one the 2C is as I smartly marked it, but the other upgraded Factory Tech and OEM valve body I have no idea how to tell them apart. Any ideas?
FTVB Pack.jpg FTVB markings.jpg FTVB side.jpg FTVB Front.jpg
I wrote on the left two with sharpie. I already know which was the 2C as it was previously marked, it seems the ones on the left have the same spring cap with a nipple, right one (which I thought was the OEM) does not. The right one also looks a lot newer and has a different casting mark that says "03" my year model lightning...

I'm ultimately looking to sell them, but want to identify them first, or find someone that would like to buy them as cores.

Last edited:

castellscl

Established Member
Ok, an update:

I know for sure which is which now.
20200415.jpg 20200415_1.jpg
I had the 2C already marked otherwise, with my naked eye I can't tell the 2C from the regular FTVB, but it's easy to tell the FTVBs from the OEM. A lot more springs, some washers, and steel parts.

Users who are viewing this thread