Vacuum leaks?

5lho

Established Member
Since I had to replace my intake manifold a couple weeks ago due to a nitrous backfire, I'm encountering something that is giving me pause. Now, I had fitment problems with the intake because the 11-13 intakes are different than the 14, I discovered. Some mods were required to the structural bracing on the bottom of the intake to fit the weird one 15 head and one 14 on my car. It did seem to sit down flat and square once I'd done this.

Now, the car is adding a good amount of fuel at idle, both banks, maxing at around 17% on Bank 2 and 20% on bank 1, on LTFT. Now, it clears up as the throttle is opened, which screams vacuum leak to me.

However, the car runs just fine, shifts fine, no problems and pulls 18" of steady vacuum, on a cold start. I've checked all the things both banks share: the fittings on the intake, the maf sensor hole, intake tube and TB and nothing appears to be a problem.

The LTFT readings above just can't be right but, I'd never looked at them before this incident. I did this with the express purpose of determining if there is a leak. Anyone got any advice here or at least confirmation I'm not completely wrong here?

Users who are viewing this thread