VA Health Care

Socal Mach

300+ club
Established Member
90% AZ
I used Trajectory to help with my claims and nexus letter. Went from 40%-90%
That's who I used as well, they've changed their process now. I was submitting to go another round for stuff that I haven't claimed yet recently. You fill out a long questionnaire and then they send you an email to submit your documents. To get the case started.

I didn't submit anything as they already have a big file on me with my entire medical record and they didn't reach back out at all. No email or call in 2 months so I won't be using them again.

Edit: Like weatherman posted a VA rep but also checkout the local DAV's. They usually have someone there to help you out for free.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Don't forget tinnitus.

Never got a rating as in all not service connected or didn't submit?

There's companies out there that will do all the leg work for you but it'll cost you if you get a rating. Cost me a little over $5000 to go from 30% to 70%. You don't pay if you don't get anything though so that is nice.

American Legion did my claim for free. You shouldn't be paying to file a claim unless you are going for something bigger I guess.

One thing I'm curious about if I can claim or not. I had an emergency oral procedure performed in Virginia when I ended up having a severe infection in one of my molars and so to be able to drill into the tooth to release the pressure from the infection he had to put one of those blocks in the back of my jaw to hold my jaw open. He pushed it so far back that I know it caused issues that started with a lot of soreness but now I actually have popping and cracking every time I chew and to release tightness I have to open my mouth and force it to crack, and then sometimes my jaw will pop out of place when chewing and make a loud audible cracking noise before coming back. It's loud enough that people can actually hear it. I want to claim it but not sure what I would need for that or if they would consider and count it since it is a more recent development that has gotten worse since I made my initial claim?

Last edited:

MG0h3

Established Member
The discrepancy is wild.

Literally just left a my buddy’s house with 2 100% there.

Zero traumatic injuries requiring surgery. Zero medical problems requiring meds other than ibuprofen.

Air Force mechanic filed his 13yrs after separation. Did 6 yrs. only overseas was Italy.

Not sure on the other dude.

Can’t believe how these guys got their ratings and y’all talk about people needing a missing limb for 100%.

But this is the GOV.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

MG0h3

Established Member
The discrepancy is wild.

Zero traumatic injuries requiring surgery. Zero medical problems requiring meds other than ibuprofen.

Air Force mechanic filed his 13yrs after separation. Did 6 yrs. only overseas was Italy.

Can’t believe how these guys got their ratings and y’all talk about people needing a missing limb for 100%.

But this is the GOV.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
The discrepancy is wild.

But this is the GOV.

That sounds insane to me. I have a neck injury connected to a specific even lt but also have back problems due to being an 0311 and carrying heavy packs and they proclaimed they were not service related or were connected to my neck injury. Getting 100% without having a true disability is not something you can easily come by.

blubyu87gt

Established Member
But will the VA pay for doctor visits if the doc does not work for the VA?
I just got back from another deployment and will dig up some of the VA reference material, if you'd like. They go over all those rules, in depth. I think there are some open links you can go to for online trainings. It's 100% death by PowerPoint but you can always add the suicidal ideation that to go through while taking them to your rating lol

I haven't navigated the monster that is the VA personally, at least yet. Good to know that the good folks here at SVTP are another tool in the box for questions though. Serious.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk

VegasMichael

Established Member
I just got back from another deployment and will dig up some of the VA reference material, if you'd like. They go over all those rules, in depth. I think there are some open links you can go to for online trainings. It's 100% death by PowerPoint but you can always add the suicidal ideation that to go through while taking them to your rating lol

I haven't navigated the monster that is the VA personally, at least yet. Good to know that the good folks here at SVTP are another tool in the box for questions though. Serious.

Sent from my SM-T970 using Tapatalk
All I'm really looking for is coverage if I have some sort of accident. I don't have any medical issues that need regular care.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
0% disability for me. I probably could have qualified for a minimum 50% if I had applied at retirement. Long history of lower back issues while I was AD along with a few other service related issues.

Now don't take this the wrong way my fellow Veterans, but I just couldn't file for disability because I've never taken a handout in my life and I'm kind of proud of that fact. I've had a job since I was 14. I'm still upright and taking nourishment on a daily basis and don't want any handouts if I can prevent it.

U.M.

96dreamer

Established Member
No personal experience there but my wife is a NP at John Cochran in St.Louis. She really enjoys helping vets since here dad served 3 tours. She takes her job very seriously but also talks about the freeloaders that are pretty much there just for the paycheck since it's a gov. job.

Last edited:

raustin0017

Established Member
Active Duty USAF 30-years. Retired in 2012 at 50%. Contacted an expert who took my med records, reviewed them, submitted to VA for increase, received 90%. Did not cost me a dime out of my pocket. All fees were collected from the huge backpay I received.

Never have used the VA system, too many horror stories. Tricare for me and I pick my provider. Have supplement that covers what Tricare does not pick up. I'm 100% covered for all med stuff.

For those who have not filed for VA Benefits. Why? You earned it. I understand being 'proud' of not taking hand outs but the benefits your earned for serving is the reason why you deserve them.

Want assistance? Contact an expert like
Andrew McKeown is a former Marine and understands the system / easy to work with.

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
For those who have not filed for VA Benefits. Why? You earned it. I understand being 'proud' of not taking hand outs but the benefits your earned for serving is the reason why you deserve them.
I can't speak for anyone but myself of course... I don't feel the medical issues I incurred during my military career as disabilities requiring compensation. Most of my problems would likely still have occurred even if I hadn't been in the military.

U.M.

raustin0017

Established Member
Leaving meat on the bone. I like to receive what I have earned. I also look at very simple. I know I could have earned a ton more $$$ as a civilian than electing to serve my country for 30. My blood bother asked me to join him build his construction firm back in the mid-80s. I was an E-3 at the time and could hardly pay my bills. In five years he built a business that was very successful and today he is a multi-millionaire well into 7 digits. I remember being overwhelmed when my paycheck had its first comma.
I loved every minute of my AF life and would not change anything...but I take full advantage of every benefit available to my service.

rborden

Established Member
I know we have some veterans here and was curious if any of you use it and how it's worked out for you. I applied yesterday and if accepted it looks as if I'll be in priority group 6 since I'm considered a Gulf War veteran. As far as I can tell there are no monthly premiums and the coverage seems pretty good. My current insurance expires at the end of this month so I'm shopping around.
My Uncle has it and he gets decent healthcare.

The good thing is he has had cancer and beat it and paid nothing through the V.A. He is 60% rated.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
0% disability for me. I probably could have qualified for a minimum 50% if I had applied at retirement. Long history of lower back issues while I was AD along with a few other service related issues.

Now don't take this the wrong way my fellow Veterans, but I just couldn't file for disability because I've never taken a handout in my life and I'm kind of proud of that fact. I've had a job since I was 14. I'm still upright and taking nourishment on a daily basis and don't want any handouts if I can prevent it.

U.M.

I didn't get my VA disability physical until I had been out 8 years. Fellow vet had been pounding on me to visit the county VA rep. If you developed the problem while on active, you aren't getting a handout, you earned it.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life

U.M.
My VA hospital record, what's left of it after they lost / discarded everything from 1989 to 1998, suggests maybe I'm messed up enough that " handout " wouldn't be a term a Dr. would use to describe my status.
My hip Dr. after looking @ an MRI of my lower back, described it as " junk ".
A civilian spinal neurosurgeon I was seeing for back, leg, mobility, & pain issues, on 3 Jan. 2022 was unwilling to operate on my back. He said the # of repair(s) needed to correct all the issue(s), would likely not result in a successful outcome. He referred me to another spinal neurosurgeon he was certain could fix my back. I saw that Dr. on 5 Jan. 2022. He looked @ my back MRI & spent the next 1/2 hour explaining what would be needed & the danger involved in doing a repair this extensive, he also passed on doing the work.
But you are entitled to your opinion on how to describe VA disability payments

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread