VA C&P Exam tips

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Getting a compensation and pension exam, or had one? Check out these items to improve your chances for a fair decision.

1 - The rater is NOT your friend. Try to avoid small talk or conversations not related to your condition. Kindly ask the rater to stick with the task at hand if needed. You need to treat this as a business trip.

2 - Request your C&P notes a week after the exam. The decision letter gives a brief explanation of how the VA come to their conclusion. THIS IS NOT THE SAME as you C&P notes! You must file a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) request to get them - they are very detailed.

3 - Compare your medical records to the C&P Notes. You'd be shocked at the number of things the raters miss. Additionally, you may want to challenge their medical expertise, as a nexus letter from a private doctor should carry more weight than the opinion of the rater.

There is a lot that is missed by raters - denials because they did not review all records or under-rating a service connected disability.

PM me if you have any questions.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
Getting a compensation and pension exam, or had one? Check out these items to improve your chances for a fair decision.

1 - The rater is NOT your friend. Try to avoid small talk or conversations not related to your condition. Kindly ask the rater to stick with the task at hand if needed. You need to treat this as a business trip.

2 - Request your C&P notes a week after the exam. The decision letter gives a brief explanation of how the VA come to their conclusion. THIS IS NOT THE SAME as you C&P notes! You must file a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) request to get them - they are very detailed.

3 - Compare your medical records to the C&P Notes. You'd be shocked at the number of things the raters miss. Additionally, you may want to challenge their medical expertise, as a nexus letter from a private doctor should carry more weight than the opinion of the rater.

There is a lot that is missed by raters - denials because they did not review all records or under-rating a service connected disability.

Committing fraud is illegal in all 50 states Joe

Dusten

Established Member

Weird. I experienced none of those issues and was rated as I expected.

Dusten

Established Member
yes, because no vet or fed has ever been rated incorrectly, right?
My point was that you make it sound like everyone is getting screwed. I went through the DAV while still on active duty and they handled all of it.

MG0h3

Established Member
Go figure.

Another thread about how to get the money and not the health care.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread