V10 Performance mods?

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Just picked up a F250 SD King Ranch 4x4 w/ a V10.
What if any can be done to get a little performance out of it?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
What year is it?

There's not a lot out there for them. The respond well to a tune and CAI. An exhaust helps a very small amount. If it's a 3 valve FRPP makes some shorty headers for it, but the quality is pretty pitiful.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
That's a 3V, all of the above should work. They really like a 93 octane tune. Don't be afraid to put your foot in it while towing, they love to rev.

JTStreet

SID297 Approved
Established Member
As Sid said, there isn't much you can do to a V10 without spending a small fortune in a good forced induction setup.

Exhaust is going to be a sound mod. You can squeeze a little more out with a 93 octane tune, but not much. I notice only a small difference between the stock tune and my 93 octane tune, but it is noticeable.

mustangsf4life

Black Venom
Established Member
Do the Y-Pipe mod. It will open the exhaust up. Did it on my 02 Excursion and helped a lot with power, sound an fuel mileage. Changes the chintzy 1 1/2 in T after the cats to a true 3 inch Y-Pipe. Got it on ebay for about $80 and welded it in.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Do the Y-Pipe mod. It will open the exhaust up. Did it on my 02 Excursion and helped a lot with power, sound an fuel mileage. Changes the chintzy 1 1/2 in T after the cats to a true 3 inch Y-Pipe. Got it on ebay for about $80 and welded it in.

The 3v V10 doesn't have the terribly necked down pipe like the 2v had. There's nothing to gain by changing it out on those trucks.

Users who are viewing this thread