UTVs...side by sides

01GTB

Established Member
I know some of you must have these. I'm looking for a workhorse, not a something to blast down trails on. A decent size bed is a must, capable of at least handling 800 lbs. Ideally a short cab with a longer bed. I don't want a UTV that is 12 feet long. Durability is the most important thing. I don't want a money pit that I am scared to damage. Originally I had looked at the JD Gator HPX, but am leaning toward the Kawasaki Mule 4010. A new player is the Gravely Atlas. Nice size bed, but appears to be mostly Polaris. The Kubota RTV 900 seems to be near the top of the heap, but it is heavy and pretty expensive. The Intimidator is really interesting, but there is not a dealer within 150 miles.

So what do you have that is used hard and put away wet, that has given you little trouble?

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I have a Rhino 700. I love it as it fits the bill perfectly of 50% utility/50% fun. If you want a work horse look at the Honda Big Red. Also the Mule like stated and definitely the Polaris Ranger line.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
I want a polaris razor 1000 or a can am maverick. Needz to hit the lotto first. Definitely dont have the disposable income right now for a $20,000 offroad toy. :bash:

Last edited:

01GTB

Established Member
It's easy to stray and end up wanting something that will go 50 mph, haul 2000 lbs and tow 3000. Next thing you know you are shopping for a truck and it's $25k :D I have to step back every time I start drifting out of the price and size range.

STXDriver98544

Bass Assassin
Established Member
The Ranger line is outstanding, the 570 is a excellent displacement with plenty of power to do work with a reasonable price tag. I personally have driven the 570 and 900XP rangers, and the 900 wasn't all that much more impressive on power. Polaris got their ducks in a row when they designed that 570 engine for sure. Mule's have stood the test of time though, if you want a "workhorse" there is no doubt that a Mule will get it done.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
x2 on the Mule. we've rode it hard at the lease for years with only minor issues.

Users who are viewing this thread