USS Bonhomme Richard News

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Would not want to be that guy, pokey time.

The Navy has charged a sailor with starting the fire last year that destroyed a U.S. warship docked off San Diego. The fire, aboard the USS Bonhomme Richard, burned for more than four days and was one of the Navy's worst warship fires outside of combat.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Would not want to be that guy, pokey time.

The Navy has charged a sailor with starting the fire last year that destroyed a U.S. warship docked off San Diego. The fire, aboard the USS Bonhomme Richard, burned for more than four days and was one of the Navy's worst warship fires outside of combat.

Was about to post this. That guy ruined his life hard-core. What a dumbass. Should have just poured gasoline on himself and stayed on the ship.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
They mentioned fixing the ship. A ship doesn't burn for 4 days and get fixed. Called that then.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
They mentioned fixing the ship. A ship doesn't burn for 4 days and get fixed. Called that then.

My son is friends with one of the sailors on board. He said it was going away. Funny part is they had to clean and paint it just to scrap it.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
So uh, what happened?

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
My son is friends with one of the sailors on board. He said it was going away. Funny part is they had to clean and paint it just to scrap it.
Reminds me when I was on the USS Lincoln....Going into a yard period for a RCOH and they made us paint the pway out side of our shop because an Admiral was coming onboard...

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Just read the yahoo article.... Saw the guy that did it was a BUD/S drop out, those people are always salty as **** they couldn't hack it.... They always get stuck with shitty orders after they drop out which makes it even worse.

Hopefully this POS get thrown away for along time, if he did it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Key....IF he did it. Reading that news article, I'd say the Navy is going to have a difficult time proving their case based on their evidence. Do you know how many enlisted men and women show a "disdain towards authority and the US Navy"? He was seen in the area where the fire started before the fire? Just him? Nobody else was in that area? This won't be an easy one to prove IMO. IF he really did start the fire, and he did it purposely, then I hope the Navy succeeds in their case against him.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
If convicted, I cant imagine he will ever see the outside of Leavenworth again or whatever God forsaken black hole they throw him in...

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Curious how much was arson and how much was negligence. Also curious of the conditions of the area that caught fire. Anyone that’s been Navy on Sea Duty knows we store hazardous materials pretty well. Found he be the scape goat, anything is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread