using MT ET Street R's on the street......

Darth Racer

Established Member
This is probably been answered before, but I'll ask anyway. Long story to short story. My 24 ft. enclosed trailer was stolen last year. So, to take my '16 stang to my local track, Thunder Valley Raceway Park (TVRP), is about 35 miles from my home. 70 miles round trip. Are the MT ET Street R's durable enough for medium cruises? I have them mounted on Racestars. Maybe naïve questions, but, basically, they are a slick with some tread pattern grooves. R2 compound.....midrange.

MG0h3

Established Member
These are bias ply?

Regardless you'll be fine. Just be mindful of what you have back there.

Seen several on here say they run around on the street on bias.

oldstv

Established Member
Premium Member
My only concern is nails,screws, and road debris. There is no tread there for protection and would be costly if you picked up some. Other wise the tire will be fine to drive.

Darth Racer

Established Member
My only concern is nails,screws, and road debris. There is no tread there for protection and would be costly if you picked up some. Other wise the tire will be fine to drive.

Yes, that's always true. If I still had my trailer I'd trailer it to the track. However, i don't. So, I risk driving it there.

MG0h3

Established Member
I drive in drag radials year round. I did pick up a nail once but didn’t leak and I ran it until the tires were done.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I was wondering this as well since the website says all over it not for street use.

50stangpower

Established Member
I run the et street R full time on mine on a 17" wheel. I probably have 1,500 miles on them and still plenty of life. However I could care less about the mileage as I am after traction with 800+hp. Besides what's another $800 every year?

Users who are viewing this thread