used wet nitrous kit installed question on a problem

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
got a kit installed. keep in mind it was a used nx kit wet shot. i had all the goodies installed msd window switch, bottle opener, purge, bottle heater, cup holder nitrous swicthes, and put the pills in for a 100 shot. the problem was the dyno. air fuel numbers said 18 so we shut it down. i changed the fuel pill went bigger 2 times didnt help. so i am thinking the fuel solenoid is bad. the guy at the dyno told me there is no way he can dial in that much fuel. i was going to go up to denver to have mile high tune it but need to solve the problem first. is there any way to test the fuel solenoid to find out if its working? i was thinking of taking the shark nozzle out shutting the nitrous off and hitting wot just enough to see it spray the fuel any better ideas? what you all think any input is appreciated.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I'm guessing that the solenoid takes 12 volts to activate. If that's the case, you could disconnect the fuel line and run a pair of wires to your battery. You should be able to hear or feel it click when it opens. If it doesn't open, then you know it's bad. If it does open, I'd use a voltmeter to make sure you're getting power when the WOT switch is closed.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
ok cool thanks will check that problem out. also am wondering about the power level i got out of the 100 shot. did have the power in signature prior to spraying. we ran it to 6000 rpm one time and the power out put was shite. i think i had 333 rwhp and 385rwtq. thats only a 43 hp gain, and 69 tq gain wtf. it was an 18 air/fuel, will that pull power out of it cuz i know if you spray a 100 shot it should be close to that level in return with more torqe rewarded. so i am wondering if the shark nozzle is all plugged up and not allowing it to spray right but will take it out and check it all

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
im just glad youve taken this thing to a tuner.....yes its a bad solenoid...buy a new one make sure the nitrous and fuel solenoid power wires are tied together and going to the same power source. That way you know both are getting the same power....

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Sounds like a bad solenoid to me. Make sure the bottle is closed, disconnect the fuel line to the fuel solenoid, arm the system and hit the wot switch, you should hear both the solenoids "click", hold your hand on it if you're still not sure, because you will be able to feel it. If you're still not sure, hook the fuel line back up to the solenoid, start the car to pressurize the system, turn the car off, then disconnect the fuel line at the nozzle and put it in a coffee can or something just as suitable, arm the system and hit the wot switch again, fuel should squirt out and into the can.

A properly functioning NX nitrous system will give you the full 100hp, +/-5hp at the rear wheels, so you're definitely not getting what you paid for.

Users who are viewing this thread