used KB install question

smith876

Established Member
I purchased a used KB 2.2L and want to make sure i have all items in order.

In the install manual it looks like a section of hose is required - along with a few caps/couplers (I did not receive any of these).
1/4 "coupler (step 68)
3/16 vac. cap. (step 68)
1/4 " COUPLER (step 77A)
3/16 VAC. cap (step 77A)

Are these just simple plastic caps/coupers I can pick-up at an auto parts store? Anything special about them? If anyone has a picture of a sample I'd really appreciate it

And the section of 7/32 X 27" hose - is that just vacuum hose??

Thanks all!
-josh

Last edited:

boston03cobra

mineral gray cobra
Established Member
yes,when I bought mine used it didden't have any lines or directions so I go everything from autozone.pm me if u have any questions about the install.

SSSNAKE03

WhippleCharged
Established Member
Ahh..I love the scream of the 2.2

I have a Whipple on the way...will probably be here tomorrow

Good luck Josh! :rockon:

FF3

Established Member
I just installed my 2.2 recently and was also wondering about those things. The guy I bought it from told me to remove the EGR to get rid of all that crap on the side of the blower. With the EGR removed all you need is some 7/32" vacuum hose and two 1/4" Tees. It's easier to figure out where everything hooks up after that. You need to send boost reference to the FRPS, the boost actuator on the kb and the yellow line for the gauge, thats it. Then if I remember correctly there are 3 hoses left that need vacuum, 2 big and a small one.

380836_15684.jpg

smith876

Established Member
I just installed my 2.2 recently and was also wondering about those things. The guy I bought it from told me to remove the EGR to get rid of all that crap on the side of the blower. With the EGR removed all you need is some 7/32" vacuum hose and two 1/4" Tees. It's easier to figure out where everything hooks up after that. You need to send boost reference to the FRPS, the boost actuator on the kb and the yellow line for the gauge, thats it. Then if I remember correctly there are 3 hoses left that need vacuum, 2 big and a small one.

Great info, thanks! I've been toying with removing the EGR, if it simplifies the hose routing that much - well maybe it's one more reason to go ahead with it.....hum.

Users who are viewing this thread