Used Car Prices...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Ummm, what the hell is going on?

I've been looking for a truck and it seems like in the last 6 months used car prices have spike 30% easily.

I thought we are in the middle of an economic collapse so we should be seeing deals like it's 2008-2010 again.

phils04gt

Established Member
I noticed that too and I am trading in my truck for a new one. The truck had trade in value of 29ish 6+ months ago and now dealer is offering me 36,500 for it, plus 3k trade credit from Ford. That is what I paid (36) for it with all the rebates and Z plan last year. Getting a 2020 for 34k with rebates., plus the 8k in equity. Doesn't make sense but I will take the trade.

My94GT

Established Member
I’ve noticed that as well. It has me tempted to dump my truck off while it has good value and wait for the TRX to hit lots lol

LSwat

Established Member
I noticed that too and I am trading in my truck for a new one. The truck had trade in value of 29ish 6+ months ago and now dealer is offering me 36,500 for it, plus 3k trade credit from Ford. That is what I paid (36) for it with all the rebates and Z plan last year. Getting a 2020 for 34k with rebates., plus the 8k in equity. Doesn't make sense but I will take the trade.
Where are you located that you are getting a 3k trade in credit from Ford?

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Ummm, what the hell is going on?

I've been looking for a truck and it seems like in the last 6 months used car prices have spike 30% easily.

I thought we are in the middle of an economic collapse so we should be seeing deals like it's 2008-2010 again.

They aren't talking about the parts shortages for new vehicles that is crippling inventory, and thus driving prices up on used.

This was in my local paper yesterday. Chevy dealer in Foley, MN (small town USA). Now imagine every freaking Chevy and GMC dealer in the NATION! in the same boat. They want the inventory, Chevy can't supply it.

20200820_113451_resized.jpg

VenomVeins

Established Member
Yeah the used car market is insanely high.

The temptation was too much-I sold my daily driver Lexus IS350 a few weeks ago for $3500 more than i bought it for almost 4 years ago.

Now daily driving our ‘3rd’ sled, an RX350 and im tempted AF to sell it for a hefty profit or just trade it in for a much newer one for the same pricepoint.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Credit to my local Ford dealer, when I looked at a new demo crewcab F-150, they stepped up with a rock solid trade number.

VenomVeins

Established Member
They aren't talking about the parts shortages for new vehicles that is crippling inventory, and thus driving prices up on used.

This was in my local paper yesterday. Chevy dealer in Foley, MN (small town USA). Now imagine every freaking Chevy and GMC dealer in the NATION! in the same boat. They want the inventory, Chevy can't supply it.

View attachment 1658200
Truth.

Mom just bought a new Camaro (mullet soon to come, im sure) and for some idiotic reason the dealership has to order her 2 new keyfobs as the current new keyfobs dont work.

They told her it would be 2-8 weeks. Lol.

****ing GM.

I told her it was a sign to buy another mustang gt instead.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
A couple weeks ago we were looking for a newer car for our son. While shopping we could see the prices go up. It was crazy.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
New cars are hard to come by. My local dealer is at 40% inventory, if that.

I can make money on my 14 raptor and I put 20k miles on it since I bought it. Tempting, but I'm retarded and want to keep building it.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
If its anything like real estate then you wont see deals til the end of the virus most likely. Im in the market for a house and prices are astronomically high right now and houses are selling within hours of being listed.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep.

New inventory is down. Used inventory is down. Prices are spiking.

Auction prices are increasing dramatically. When this bubble pops, it's going to hurt. lol

We're routinely bidding vehicles $3-6k higher than we were on the same vehicle in February.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Probably because the new car market has taken such a huge hit since this pandemic, and people are flocking to buy used cars now. So everyone sees that, and raises their prices to capitalize on it. Supply and demand.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Very tempted to sell my supercharged 14 GT, I have only driven it 700 miles this season and it just sits.

T56LS102

Established Member
I was just thinking this...Crazy, last week I took the wifes 2017 Sienna (ya ya i know but we have twins so mini van it is!) it has 22k miles and in cherry condition, so when i go to pick it up from the Toyota dealer the used can manager approaches me and ask if he could make me an offer on the van, I explain that it has been recently paid off and we are not interested in getting into another payment, he says well if you buy a car from me or not I can offer you 27k for the Van (it is a LE, not the loaded one) I paid 31k new and that was 3 years ago! i told him let me think about it, Crazy!! I figured it was worth $19k maybe... wife likes it too much to get out of it...
20200820_103045.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread