US Postal Inspectors?

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
Has anyone ever heard of them? I received a call from them just now. They informed me that after 2 years the guy who scammed several people is now going to Federal prison. Through the 4 people I talked to from Corral we figured he made away with around $12k of our money. (1937,00 for me). Well as it turns out he and his brother made away with over $100k between scams they were running back and forth from NY to FL.

I asked how the inspector found me and he said through an IC3 complaint that I filed in October of 2006. He also said I might see some restitution money. Honestly I don't care if I see a single sent. Just knowing that they will spend hard time in a Federal prison for extreme mail fraud really makes my whole month.

Worsedog

Resident A**hole
Established Member
Oh yes, messing with the mail is a federal offense, whether it is through fraud or just stealing mail. If the Postal Inspectors get ahold of you and get a conviction its nearly as bad as messing with the Infernal Revenue Service.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
I was in Federal Court today with a Postal Inspector. I must say there is nothing as scary as a mailman with a gun :D

WVFord

Established Member
After knowing a woman for a few years I found out she was a postal inspector, some do not tell and they have power for sure. weapons-

mkb116

Established Member
I saw a crown vic the other day and it said U.S. Postal then on the door it said POLICE. I have never seen anything like that before. I thought they were security guards at first.

Juruense

Banned
You do not want to mess with the postal inspectors, ATF, or any of those special federal investigative groups...

jshen

Established Member
Their jurisdictional powers are very broad...but as with a lot of Fed LEA, they choose which cases they personally handle, assist the state LEAs, or send to state LEA to investigate and handle. By doing so, they also choose whether the matter is prosecuted in fed or state courts. I deal with them occasionally and have found, just like ATF, Customs, FBI, they're very well trained and fun to work with. If I get a file from any of those agencies to prosecute, I can pretty well just coast it into court without pre trial preparation...and defense attys generally throw in the towel...They are that well prepared.

I would enjoy prosecuting as a US atty...To have those agencies prepare my cases on a regular basis...I'd be spoiled in short order.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Their jurisdictional powers are very broad...but as with a lot of Fed LEA, they choose which cases they personally handle, assist the state LEAs, or send to state LEA to investigate and handle. By doing so, they also choose whether the matter is prosecuted in fed or state courts. I deal with them occasionally and have found, just like ATF, Customs, FBI, they're very well trained and fun to work with. If I get a file from any of those agencies to prosecute, I can pretty well just coast it into court without pre trial preparation...and defense attys generally throw in the towel...They are that well prepared.

I would enjoy prosecuting as a US atty...To have those agencies prepare my cases on a regular basis...I'd be spoiled in short order.

Jeff, you should apply for an A.U.S.A. position. I am currently at the U.S. Attorney's office and it is a very cool experience. Federal Court is dramatically different than state court.

You are certainly correct, I have never handed off a file for state prosecution, where the ASA wasnt very happy with the documentation.

F1reStart3r

Flubolaids
Established Member
I was just shocked to hear from him period. I filed the complaint so long ago and heard nothing about it. I probably could have tracked him down at work easily but I would never use what we have for personal use so I just sucked it up. I'm just glad it was resolved.

I asked him if the US atny, or someone from the PI office could contact me to let me know what their sentence is. I would really like to visit the guy in prison and laugh in his face.

Last edited:

TexRob

Established Member
I was in Federal Court today with a Postal Inspector. I must say there is nothing as scary as a mailman with a gun :D
They should all carry Firearms (postal carriers that is) since they seem to be constantly getting attacked by Dogs,to the OP, glad they caught this dirtbag! :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread