EditorTurner

Established Member
0-Focus-RS-US-Arrival-Featured.jpg

Waving the Flag
A US Focus RS customer shares his thoughts on Ford’s hottest hatch
By Steve Turner
Photos courtesy of Ford Motor Company

From the moment we learned the Focus RS would arrive on US shores, we’ve been excited for the hot hatch to usher in a new era of Ford Performance in the US. Once we rode in one, the experience confirmed this car was definitely something special. And, now, for those lucky enough to have ordered one, the dream is becoming a reality.

Jackson Gilmore waited eight months since ordering his RS. The moment he got the call that it had arrived, Jackson took the afternoon off so he could get behind the wheel.

“Learning that [my Focus RS] was going to be on one of the first boats to the West Coast, it became real,” he said. “Out of the blue my dealership called me and they said ‘Hey, your RS is here, so I sent an email to my boss that said, ‘Hey, I ordered this car eight months ago, I’m taking a half day today,’ and I just kind of walked out of work. I just bounced right then.”

As it turned out, he was the first customer to take delivery of an RS in the US. So, as you might imagine, his car has become quite a conversation starter, as evidenced by this video captured by a Ford film crew…

[video=youtube;eliuPbZ3aUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eliuPbZ3aUc[/video]

“You start it up, it’s got a little bit of a growl to it, it rumbles. You kind of know you’re in something serious,” he said. “…It’s definitely quick. It’s got power, but the biggest thing I noticed is the handling. I think it’s glued to the road; it’s super tight … so as soon as you move the wheel it just points in and hugs the turn. It’s awesome, honestly.”

From its Dynamic Torque Vectoring and Driving Modes to its 350-horsepower engine and sticky Michelin tires, the latest RS brings a lot of performance across the pond. We certainly can’t wait to experience driving one. If you want to own one, you can pick one up with prices starting at $36,605.

1-Focus-RS-US-Arrival.jpg

After months of anticipation, the Focus RS is finally being delivered to customers in the United States and those lucky enough to own one seem to be enjoying Ford’s hottest hatch.

Users who are viewing this thread