URGENT!: Stuck on Fiore FW Adjuster Install. - PIC INSIDE

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
The instructions are a bit vauge if you ask me but before I go and do something I can't undo.. Can someone shed a little light on what I'm supposed to do to the end of the cable here.

The instructions say to Cut the 4 protruding plastic pieces off the firewall end of the coupler.. Well.. there's not 4.. there's 6. so Which 4? Then below that it says 93 and present. something about cutting the plastic coupler all together.

Would appreciate any feedback!.

Thanks
Brian.,

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
I think they are refering to 1982-93 for the cutting of the protrusions. On later cars, you just remove the plastic coupling unit and discard.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
That looks great. I'm going to do mine on Monday along with the LDC Clutch Freeplay Correction Kit and the MM Clutch Pedal Height Adjuster Kit.

Hye

Established Member
So how has this mod helped you? Does your clutch engage mutch sooner? meaning that you dont have to let the clutch out the entire way before the car finally starts rolling. this stock clutch setup can be a real pita to drive in traffic everyday.

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
Hye06 said:
So how has this mod helped you? Does your clutch engage mutch sooner? meaning that you dont have to let the clutch out the entire way before the car finally starts rolling. this stock clutch setup can be a real pita to drive in traffic everyday.

Actually with this kit you can adjust precisely where you want the clutch to engage/disengage. I bought the Kit that includes the Fiore Quadrant too and let me tell you.. Clutch feels super smooth!. The shape of the quadrant doesn't appear to be as steep as the stock one so the transition from Clutch in/Out is one smooth motion. Before the kit, I had a heck of a time feathering the clutch for reverse.. Now it's perfect and I did notice immediatley that reverse is not hard to find on the shifter.. It used to be a little hard to get it in there.. I also in the past have stalled in stop and go traffic, fighting with trying to make finding the right amount of gas and clutch 2nd nature but it was never perfect. So far there's NONE of that with this kit.

JymBart

Established Member
Fiore all theWay

I just had the Fiore fire wall adjuster and clutch quadrant along with the LDC unit installed on my Cobra.

I certainly agree with all the good that`s been said about it. When you see the stock quadrant along side the Fiore unit you`ll understand, and to be able to fine tune with the micro click firewall adjuster where the clutch pedal will engage makes the whole thing worth it. Just don`t forget the Clutch Mod Kit from LDC.

Over all a quality product that will make you wonder why Ford didn`t do this in the first place.

JymBart

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
JymBart said:
I just had the Fiore fire wall adjuster and clutch quadrant along with the LDC unit installed on my Cobra.

I certainly agree with all the good that`s been said about it. When you see the stock quadrant along side the Fiore unit you`ll understand, and to be able to fine tune with the micro click firewall adjuster where the clutch pedal will engage makes the whole thing worth it. Just don`t forget the Clutch Mod Kit from LDC.

Over all a quality product that will make you wonder why Ford didn`t do this in the first place.

JymBart

Jym - What is the Clutch Mod Kit from LDC?

JymBart

Established Member
JAXCOBRA99 said:
Jym - What is the Clutch Mod Kit from LDC?

This kit adds a tube and spring to the clutch cable that helps restore stock clutch pedal feel to cars that have aftermarket clutch adjusters. If you have an aftermarket clutch adjuster and a “dead” spot on the clutch pedal, this kit should help you. The spring also helps keep the TOB off the clutch fingers instead of the TOB riding on the fingers.

Here`s a link with photos.

http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25646&highlight=LDC+Chicago

JymBart

mosconiac

Established Member
I'm curious about this FW adj design. Are those 4 self-tapping screws? Knowing how cramped it is in that area, how did you drill the pilot holes?

JAXCOBRA99

Established Member
mosconiac said:
I'm curious about this FW adj design. Are those 4 self-tapping screws? Knowing how cramped it is in that area, how did you drill the pilot holes?

I know it looks a daunting task but it's not that difficult.. You have 2 stock retaining scews that have to come out to get the cable and gromet, etc off.. The new base lines up with those 2 holes, even the threads on the new screws match the old threads. So now you just gotta drill the 2 new ones. The instructions mention with the valve cover being there that you may only get 3 screws.. I took the Plug access panel off the top of the valve cover so I could lay my drill down as close as possible. It wasn't the most straight Hole I ever drilled but really all you need is just a little bit to get the screw started.. then it's just a matter of screwing the self taper in as straight as possible which is much easier than getting a big fat electric drill in there..

B

JymBart

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread