Urban Meyer is done.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I am giving him until the weekend to have a job at tOSU. Apparently he has known about this since at least 2015 and covered it up to keep his assistant safe.

Coiled03

Established Member
I am giving him until the weekend to have a job at tOSU. Apparently he has known about this since at least 2015 and covered it up to keep his assistant safe.

So, this is the ex-wife of the fired assistant? No motive to lie, there. /s

I can't stand Urban Meyer, either, but I wouldn't trust her any further than I can throw her. Besides, how would they prove he knew unless they have a recording, or something?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
So, this is the ex-wife of the fired assistant? No motive to lie, there. /s

I can't stand Urban Meyer, either, but I wouldn't trust her any further than I can throw her. Besides, how would they prove he knew unless they have a recording, or something?

She has the text messages to back up 100% of her story. I call that pretty solid.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Good about time, but I'm sure OSU will pick another coach that loves to beat up 3rd rate schools 400 to zip but when it comes to top 5 rated ones in the playoffs struggle like no tomorrow. The last coach they had that was worth anything was Woody Hayes and I'm not just saying that as he grew up and started his coaching career in my neck of the woods of Ohio.

cbj5259

Established Member
Not that it's exactly the same scenario...but let's see if the NCAA deep sixes OSU like they did to PSU after the Sandusky crap. I doubt they will...OSU is a ratings golden goose and Paterno was basically hated by the NCAA because he wouldn't conform. Paterno was ignorant and probably turned a blind eye in his old age, but there is no argument here... Meyer knew what was going on. Buh bye.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

hunterp

Established Member
From what I've read, it was his wife that knew and didn't report it. I haven't seen anything about him knowing about the abuse unless the articles are leaving something out (always a possibility).

coposrv

Established Member
Not surprised. Coaches cover for a lot of things. I can’t stand the ncaa. We don’t watch college football in the north east we watch the pats play in Super Bowls.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
My biggest question is why are people reporting these horrific things (domestic abuse, child molestation, etc) to football coaches? Or in this case the coaches wife and expecting it to be forwarded to him. Aren’t these crimes that should be reported directly to, oh I don’t know, the police?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
I don't like or hate UM, but why would this be laid at his feet?

As stated above, the gal should have called the police. And after that one pic, should have called Uber

E

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
My biggest question is why are people reporting these horrific things (domestic abuse, child molestation, etc) to football coaches? Or in this case the coaches wife and expecting it to be forwarded to him. Aren’t these crimes that should be reported directly to, oh I don’t know, the police?

It goes back to that. He was arrested once before and a few days later the officers report was magically changed to show that he wasn't reported.

Everyone is missing the elephant in the room. Title 9. If an employee of a university is aware of a a crime such as the one he is allegedly aware of and he did not report it, then that is all folks. His wife is definitely losing her nursing job at tOSU medical. This is all about covering it up. Urban has already been placed on administrative leave...The firing comes next.
Another text has surfaced where his wife mentioned that Urban "didn't know what to do about the whole situation" That right there is the smoking gun.

Smith's wife had already made other coaches wives aware as well. One of the coaches told her not to report it to the police because her husband would lose his job and they would lose their financial security.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Smith's wife had already made other coaches wives aware as well. One of the coaches told her not to report it to the police because her husband would lose his job and they would lose their financial security.

He did. He figured if he ignored it and covered it up, it would go away. But scandals are like herpes. They always come back

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
It goes back to that. He was arrested once before and a few days later the officers report was magically changed to show that he wasn't reported.

Everyone is missing the elephant in the room. Title 9. If an employee of a university is aware of a a crime such as the one he is allegedly aware of and he did not report it, then that is all folks. His wife is definitely losing her nursing job at tOSU medical. This is all about covering it up. Urban has already been placed on administrative leave...The firing comes next.
Another text has surfaced where his wife mentioned that Urban "didn't know what to do about the whole situation" That right there is the smoking gun.

I get what you are saying about title 9, I think this gal wants attention. Who else did she tell that knows someone at a university that should get fired?

Sorry, I hate this crap when people are such victims and take little responsibility for themselves. And of course they wait years to say anything to the press.

Why is UM's responsibility greater than hers to report it to the university?

E

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Dirty deeds always come out. Everyone is holding a computer in their hand now days. It is only a matter of time.

Users who are viewing this thread