Urban Meyer is done.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I guess that. But then you go to a different law enforcement agency. Or the news. Hell, even a post on Facebook will make it not able to be covered up and force someone to take action. But I still maintain that the husband’s boss’s wife isn’t the one to tell.

And...That is exactly what she is doing now...

captain-obvious-gif-4.gif

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
You do know that Urbans wife is or was a RN at OSU medical division. She is already pretty much done as they'll probably remove her for not coming forward in a timely manner over this. This is how Title 9 goes and bites you in the rear over this kind of stuff. It is now where even if you hear something you best be down at the Deans Office saying something whether if there is proof of it or not.

Oh great! So then her husband’s boss’s wife AND husband’s boss’s wife’s boss knows. Still not a law enforcement agency or anyone that can arrest the husband, press charges, or protect the victim.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Oh great! So then her husband’s boss’s wife AND husband’s boss’s wife’s boss knows. Still not a law enforcement agency or anyone that can arrest the husband, press charges, or protect the victim.

Mr. Cold soul. So, based on that logic, you would not be a decent and responsible person and tell someone if a close friend of yours told you that they were being abused? Because, that is basically what Urban's wife would have done if she never told her husband. Especially since Cortney asked her to tell Urban about it.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
You do know that Urbans wife is or was a RN at OSU medical division. She is already pretty much done as they'll probably remove her for not coming forward in a timely manner over this. This is how Title 9 goes and bites you in the rear over this kind of stuff. It is now where even if you hear something you best be down at the Deans Office saying something whether if there is proof of it or not.

That’s if this is a Title XI issue. It may not be due to the victim not being a student and or related to student safety or wellbeing. Attorneys are squabbling if it is Title IX issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Mr. Cold soul. So, based on that logic, you would not be a decent and responsible person and tell someone if a close friend of yours told you that they were being abused? Because, that is basically what Urban's wife would have done if she never told her husband. Especially since Cortney asked her to tell Urban about it.

Absolutely I would forward that information. And it’s shameful that it didn’t happen.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That’s if this is a Title XI issue. It may not be due to the victim not being a student and or related to student safety or wellbeing. Attorneys are squabbling if it is Title IX issue.

One view is that Her husband was an employee of the University, therefore it is indeed title IX. However, attorneys would not be doing their jobs if they didn't try to have that charge dropped.

Last edited:

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Absolutely I would forward that information. And it’s shameful that it didn’t happen.

Unfortunately, there is all kinds of things that could had been done by both parties. The victim had reasons to not file legitimate charges based on other influences and did the Meyers do everything responsibly to protect an abused person?

I think the issues are not just with the victim and abuser, but with everyone associated with the couple.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
One view is that Her husband was an employee of the University, therefore it is indeed title IX. However, attorneys would not be doing their jobs if they didn't try to have that charge dropped.

Not necessarily. The OSU employed husband engaged in an illegal activity with a non student, non-employee of the University. The offenses he committed does not influence the wellbeing or safety of students or other OSU employees. This is exactly the issue being discussed by attorneys.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Not necessarily. The OSU employed husband engaged in an illegal activity with a non student, non-employee of the University. The offenses he committed does not influence the wellbeing or safety of students or other OSU employees. This is exactly the issue being discussed by attorneys.

True, I just finished reading the Title IX law and you are correct.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
True, I just finished reading the Title IX law and you are correct.

The panel may not be the right people and if I was the victim’s attorney, I’d request a new panel of 5 with no more than two ties to the university. OSU board member, former student or buckeye fan could be looked at as a conflict of interest.

I hope the University is able to retain Meyer with or without punishment, help the victim with legal costs and protection from her spouse ( it would be the moral thing to do) and review the responsibilities of what the University should do in cases of spousal abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ohio Snake

Established Member

Shelly Meyer is still employed at OSU hospitals. Currently this is not a Title IX issue and she has no legal obligation to intervene about a report of spousal abuse. But, she certainly has a moral and ethical obligation to follow through on the victims well-being due to her and her husband’s positions.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Maybe not legally. And I’m certainly not saying that she deserved it in anyway. But at some point, you have to recognize that she is a full grown adult and telling other wives is not the way to get help. She should have gone to the police, reported it, and pressed charges.

One thing to recognize about the victim. She may have felt there was no one to talk to and she felt it was best to inform the coach’s wives of what’ going on. There is some indication that her own family AND that of her ex-spouse encouraged her not to go to the police due to potential repercussions.

If this is true about her family, she was truly in a F***ed-up position felt there was no way out.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
T

1.) 86% of the regional respondents in a poll asked on whether Myer should be fired are saying NO. Of course, ALL the facts are not out there yet.

Lets hope if (when most likely) he is fired the students don't pull a PSU and riot in the streets over a god damned football coach.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Lets hope if (when most likely) he is fired the students don't pull a PSU and riot in the streets over a god damned football coach.

If the public thinks he was terminated unjustly, there will be protests. If the issue goes Title IX violation, he most likely will be fired with reason.
It seems to be not Title IX violation, so far.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
Good lord look at all these whiners in here. Do some reading. Both the husband and wife were crazy drunks that had the police called on them multiple times. The wife called 911 over 60 times within 3 months. Supposedly had 3 dui’s that the local (non-campus) police overlooked. Each time she claimed she was trying to escape her abusive husband. When the cops looked for him, he was at practice coaching. Apparently, she’d show up to practice drunk threatening to blow people up, etc. and eventually, when her ex husband gets fired, and her child support stream is cut off, she’s looking for big money for her story. I’m not condoning domestic violence—not for a second.

At the end of the day, what lengths should the coach go to? The police were well aware, so was the entire FAMILY of the wife, and the athletic director. As a father of 4 girls, if one of them is being abused by their husband, I’m not relying on her abusive husband’s boss to report the incident. I’m coming out guns blazing. The **** is wrong with you people?

Ohio Snake

Established Member
Good lord look at all these whiners in here. Do some reading. Both the husband and wife were crazy drunks that had the police called on them multiple times. The wife called 911 over 60 times within 3 months. Supposedly had 3 dui’s that the local (non-campus) police overlooked. Each time she claimed she was trying to escape her abusive husband. When the cops looked for him, he was at practice coaching. Apparently, she’d show up to practice drunk threatening to blow people up, etc. and eventually, when her ex husband gets fired, and her child support stream is cut off, she’s looking for big money for her story. I’m not condoning domestic violence—not for a second.

At the end of the day, what lengths should the coach go to? The police were well aware, so was the entire FAMILY of the wife, and the athletic director. As a father of 4 girls, if one of them is being abused by their husband, I’m not relying on her abusive husband’s boss to report the incident. I’m coming out guns blazing. The **** is wrong with you people?

If everything you state is true, Myer will be back much sooner than later. Based on what I’ve seen and heard, what you bring up can be very plausible.

Users who are viewing this thread