Urban Meyer is done.

Coiled03

Established Member
Not that it's exactly the same scenario...but let's see if the NCAA deep sixes OSU like they did to PSU after the Sandusky crap. I doubt they will...OSU is a ratings golden goose and Paterno was basically hated by the NCAA because he wouldn't conform. Paterno was ignorant and probably turned a blind eye in his old age, but there is no argument here... Meyer knew what was going on. Buh bye.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Yeah, no. Meyer should probably be fired by the looks of things. But, let's not twist things and pretend this even compares to decades of sexual abuse of children.

I do NOT condone domestic violence. But, in this case, adults were the victims, not innocent children. The fact that you seem to be portraying the two as somehow equivalent is scary, to be honest.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I get what you are saying about title 9, I think this gal wants attention. Who else did she tell that knows someone at a university that should get fired?

Sorry, I hate this crap when people are such victims and take little responsibility for themselves. And of course they wait years to say anything to the press.

Why is UM's responsibility greater than hers to report it to the university?

E

You really need to read the whole story. This has been going on since 2009, and no one was doing anything about it, including the police. Even her parents told her to buck up, for the most part, again because her husband had a good job, and her and her kids were financially stable. SMH

Attachments

• smith.JPG
    smith.JPG
    60.3 KB · Views: 333

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
You really need to read the whole story. This has been going on since 2009, and no one was doing anything about it, including the police. Even her parents told her to buck up, for the most part, again because her husband had a good job, and her and her kids were financially stable. SMH

Okay, please give me a good link for the back story pls.

E

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
:D

Got it!

You are correct, it is more involved.

"Two police reports filed in 2015 in Ohio's Powell County, after the Smiths separated in June of that year, accused Zach Smith of abuse. Charges were never filed."

Why weren't charges filed? After those pictures and she couldn't get a protective order from the court?, other heads need to roll there too.

Also, why didn't she go to the university and complain? She complain to her parents?, what did they do? I know what I would do for my daughter, and there would be no further "Zack-Attacks".

So Urban Meyer either approves of assault, likes his boi Zack soooo much, or UM just knew that THE Ohio state couldn't win without Zack, that he sat on his hands.

In this day and age he will most likely get fired, but it would seem there are many people that for sure knew and did nothing.

E

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
:D

Got it!

You are correct, it is more involved.

"Two police reports filed in 2015 in Ohio's Powell County, after the Smiths separated in June of that year, accused Zach Smith of abuse. Charges were never filed."

Why weren't charges filed? After those pictures and she couldn't get a protective order from the court?, other heads need to roll there too.

Also, why didn't she go to the university and complain? She complain to her parents?, what did they do? I know what I would do for my daughter, and there would be no further "Zack-Attacks".

So Urban Meyer either approves of assault, likes his boi Zack soooo much, or UM just knew that THE Ohio state couldn't win without Zack, that he sat on his hands.

In this day and age he will most likely get fired, but it would seem there are many people that for sure knew and did nothing.

E

You pulled up a few details that I didn't even know about. Sorry for the brevity of my last response. I was on a conference call.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Not surprised. Coaches cover for a lot of things. I can’t stand the ncaa. We don’t watch college football in the north east we watch the pats play in Super Bowls.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Win or lose, right? I don't like nor follow pro ports but Philly fans are bottom feeders when it comes to how they act. Seriously though, anytime a great deal of money is involved things disappear, are hushed, etc.., The NCAA has to be one of the most corrupt businesses out there because I'd guarantee corruption is everywhere when it comes to NCAA sports.

My biggest question is why are people reporting these horrific things (domestic abuse, child molestation, etc) to football coaches? Or in this case the coaches wife and expecting it to be forwarded to him. Aren’t these crimes that should be reported directly to, oh I don’t know, the police?

One would think the actual WITNESS needs to report what happened to the police rather than a second hand party who did not witness a thing.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
It goes back to that. He was arrested once before and a few days later the officers report was magically changed to show that he wasn't reported.

Everyone is missing the elephant in the room. Title 9. If an employee of a university is aware of a a crime such as the one he is allegedly aware of and he did not report it, then that is all folks. His wife is definitely losing her nursing job at tOSU medical. This is all about covering it up. Urban has already been placed on administrative leave...The firing comes next.
Another text has surfaced where his wife mentioned that Urban "didn't know what to do about the whole situation" That right there is the smoking gun.

Smith's wife had already made other coaches wives aware as well. One of the coaches told her not to report it to the police because her husband would lose his job and they would lose their financial security.

Actually, Smith’s parents told her not to report the abuse because it could cause repercussions.

It does seem Urban has some knowledge of the abuse, but to what depth.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
OSU will probably determine she deserved it and keep on Smith and Meyer to make sure they are in the national champ hunt this year.

Ohio Snake

Established Member
The latest rumblings........

As a disclosure, I live in central Ohio and I am a Buckeye fan. Hate to see Meyer let go, but it is what is if that happens.

With that said.....

The mainstream news media is reporting the facts of what is known on the national stage, but have not reported the local information being talked about, which for me is near ground zero.
1.) 86% of the regional respondents in a poll asked on whether Myer should be fired are saying NO. Of course, ALL the facts are not out there yet.
2.) Title XI attorneys are questioning if this is a violation. The victim is not a student, however the abuser is a spouse of the victim and employee of the university. This may be a police issue and not Title XI or university contract issue. The new contract Meyer signed recently addresses additional responsibilities for reporting “abuses” including domestic violence. The university has not signed off on the contract yet.
3.) The Myers indicated they intervened in 2015 to get the family counseling for abuse. This has not been verified yet, however indicates there is knowledge of the abuse.
4.) The victim states she confided in the wives of coaches and included photos of her abuse in text messages. She did not contact the police about the physical abuse which would have led to an arrest of her husband. My guess is she may have kept it out of the public eye because her parents told her not to report because of repercussions to her family. Thats screwed up if it is the case.
5.) Powell police does show numerous times of being called to the residence. No charges were filed with all visits. Obviously, the police saw no physical evidence.

These points are are not for or against keeping the coach, but what is being said right now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
4.) The victim states she confided in the wives of coaches and included photos of her abuse in text messages. She did not contact the police about the physical abuse which would have led to an arrest of her husband.

If this is true, 100% of this is on the victim.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
OSU will probably determine she deserved it and keep on Smith and Meyer to make sure they are in the national champ hunt this year.

Pretty hard when Smith has already been fired on July 24th of this year. Still waiting for Urban to pull his Redd Foxx impersonation in Sanford and Son, This is the big one Elizabeth as I'm sure that is in the cards as we speak.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
Uhm...no.

Maybe not legally. And I’m certainly not saying that she deserved it in anyway. But at some point, you have to recognize that she is a full grown adult and telling other wives is not the way to get help. She should have gone to the police, reported it, and pressed charges.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Maybe not legally. And I’m certainly not saying that she deserved it in anyway. But at some point, you have to recognize that she is a full grown adult and telling other wives is not the way to get help. She should have gone to the police, reported it, and pressed charges.

You should really read the whole story. She did go to the police in 2009, and they swept it under the rug. She no longer had any faith in "the system".

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
You should really read the whole story. She did go to the police in 2009, and they swept it under the rug. She no longer had any faith in "the system".

I guess that. But then you go to a different law enforcement agency. Or the news. Hell, even a post on Facebook will make it not able to be covered up and force someone to take action. But I still maintain that the husband’s boss’s wife isn’t the one to tell.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
I guess that. But then you go to a different law enforcement agency. Or the news. Hell, even a post on Facebook will make it not able to be covered up and force someone to take action. But I still maintain that the husband’s boss’s wife isn’t the one to tell.

You do know that Urbans wife is or was a RN at OSU medical division. She is already pretty much done as they'll probably remove her for not coming forward in a timely manner over this. This is how Title 9 goes and bites you in the rear over this kind of stuff. It is now where even if you hear something you best be down at the Deans Office saying something whether if there is proof of it or not.

Users who are viewing this thread