Upstream O2 sensor harness access

bklynpanman

Established Member
Anybody here know the best way to access the upstream O2 sensor harness on the passenger side ? Don't want to remove the sensor while twisting the wires.

Draiter

Established Member
Hey, when I put my h-pipe on I loosened the the two nuts on the header flanges and lowered the h-pipe down and then tightened the bolts back up so as to not stress the harness. I was then able to blindly get my hand up to the harness and disconnect it. I have gorilla hands and there was just enough room, to force my hand in there. I spent a few minutes just orienting my myself to the harness and connector and it was a piece of cake after that.

Cheers

09BLKRED

Remove the battery and battery tray and you can access the O2 sensor connector from the engine bay. Much easier than fishing for it from underneath the car.

bklynpanman

Established Member
Can you really? It's not too far out of reach ? I imagine reaching down and my wife walking in the garage and seeing my legs up in the air. I guess I didn't think you could reach the top of the transmission where the harness is.

Last edited:

bklynpanman

Established Member
de29ac2ef1ee73c3e4cc061eae1f8221.jpg
. Battery tray out. Going to need my kids hands to get back there.haha

bklynpanman

Established Member
I
e539349beea8dafb9771c42de57c9eab.jpg
. Blindly get my hand down there. How would one disconnect a harness like this

Kapy

Established Member
So how did you finally do it?

I took my battery cover out tonight and cannot see a way to even get down there?? I see no room and it is quite a stretch over the fender?

bklynpanman

Established Member
From the top I could barely squeeze a couple fingers down there. You have to be 125 pounds and bendy. I chose to go from underneath. I have a 4 post lift in my garage that allowed this. I removed the clamps from where the h pipe meets the catback. I then loosened the flange nuts all the way to the end of the studs. Pulled it back just enough to maneuver my hand up to the harness. I followed the advice of Draiter above

Users who are viewing this thread