Upstate SC Chat

CV355

_
Established Member
Any of you guys ever heard the Seneca Guns?

I woke up last night at 12:55AM to the sound of what I thought was a bomb. Not to exaggerate, but I fully expected to look outside and see a mushroom cloud (somewhat disappointed, vacation opportunity missed) It wasn't some backwoods redneck firing off a shotgun or blowing up tannerite- this boom was massive and echoed for a long time. The dogs went absolutely bonkers, and I could faintly hear my neighbors outside going "what WAS that?"

It was 12:55AM, so definitely not blasting or anything. Looking it up online I found a few videos people captured of similar events. Crazy stuff. Sounded almost exactly like a controlled demolition if you've ever witnessed one in person, but who the heck would ever do that in the middle of the night?

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Any of you guys ever heard the Seneca Guns?

I woke up last night at 12:55AM to the sound of what I thought was a bomb. Not to exaggerate, but I fully expected to look outside and see a mushroom cloud (somewhat disappointed, vacation opportunity missed) It wasn't some backwoods redneck firing off a shotgun or blowing up tannerite- this boom was massive and echoed for a long time. The dogs went absolutely bonkers, and I could faintly hear my neighbors outside going "what WAS that?"

It was 12:55AM, so definitely not blasting or anything. Looking it up online I found a few videos people captured of similar events. Crazy stuff. Sounded almost exactly like a controlled demolition if you've ever witnessed one in person, but who the heck would ever do that in the middle of the night?
It could have very well been a minor earthquake. When I lived on Clark's Hill Lake we would experience the same thing every now and then. It's a deafening noise.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

CV355

_
Established Member
It could have very well been a minor earthquake. When I lived on Clark's Hill Lake we would experience the same thing every now and then. It's a deafening noise.

I just checked the seismic activity sites and nothing was reported for last night. This is exactly what it sounded like:

I've asked co-workers and they all claimed they were sleeping at the time.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I live less than a half mile away from Ft. Gordon in GA. That noise could happen here and I would never think anything about it.

As for the noise you heard; I have heard people describe it and talk about it before. It's a mystery, especially if you heard double or triple initial booms before the echo of the noise. It really does sound like a scheduled implosion, or military exercise.

Odd things like this intrigue and interest me. If you find out what it was, or catch the noise on cam yourself I would love to see a video, or hear a sound clip.

CV355

_
Established Member
It's a mystery, especially if you heard double or triple initial booms before the echo of the noise.

One day in 2014, I woke up in the middle of the night and heard 3 massive booms, each louder than the last. Nobody else that I spoke to heard it, so I figured I was crazy. Even considered EHS as a possibility.

It would be hard to get on video since there's no advance notice.

CV355

_
Established Member
Any of you guys know of a weekly or bi-weekly classic car show in the Upstate? You know, the kind where they play '50s music and you don't see many modern cars?

I haven't been to one since 2011, and I'd love to bring my wife and show her how I used to spend every Saturday back up in CT.

I'd like to find one in the Anderson area, or West side of Greenville. Everyone is always telling me about Michelin, but I hate the drive.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Any of you guys know of a weekly or bi-weekly classic car show in the Upstate? You know, the kind where they play '50s music and you don't see many modern cars?

I haven't been to one since 2011, and I'd love to bring my wife and show her how I used to spend every Saturday back up in CT.

I'd like to find one in the Anderson area, or West side of Greenville. Everyone is always telling me about Michelin, but I hate the drive.
It is about a 2 hour drive, but there is normally a pretty cool little car show in Washington, GA. Also another that takes place in Elberton, GA.

http://www.memorylanecruisersga.com/

https://m.facebook.com/Memory-Lane-Cruisers-GA-239396109518517/

...and a horribly produced video.

Last edited:

Clemson

Established Member
Any of you local guys have a need for an MGW Gen II (brand new), and air raid blue dry filter (brand new), or a resonator delete tube? All for a 2013 gt500, not sure what other models they fit offhand.

CV355

_
Established Member
Any of you local guys have a need for an MGW Gen II (brand new), and air raid blue dry filter (brand new), or a resonator delete tube? All for a 2013 gt500, not sure what other models they fit offhand.

I'd be interested in the MGW, depending on the price. @Revvv showed me how nice the one in his GT is, and I was sold.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Anyone near the Longs/ Little River area that can check a gas station for e85? I just need proof they carry it, simple pic of the pump or something. A few of us are coming to town for Mustang Week in September and trying to make arrangements.

I'm 99% sure this is the station I was getting e85 at a few yrs back.

93 State Hwy 57 N, Little River, SC 29566

https://www.google.com/search?clien...hWSON8KHbjXAxQQoAIIHjAA&biw=360&bih=616&dpr=3

Clemson

Established Member
Anyone near the Longs/ Little River area that can check a gas station for e85? I just need proof they carry it, simple pic of the pump or something. A few of us are coming to town for Mustang Week in September and trying to make arrangements.

I'm 99% sure this is the station I was getting e85 at a few yrs back.

93 State Hwy 57 N, Little River, SC 29566

https://www.google.com/search?clien...hWSON8KHbjXAxQQoAIIHjAA&biw=360&bih=616&dpr=3

This is the Upstate thread....Little River is about 300 miles from here. Might try making a new post.

Dimitri318

Established Member
I completely forgot about this section of SVTP lol. I’m in Greenville and starting a turbo build for my Mystichrome Vert, would you guys recommend anyone local to put the short block and go through the heads? People tell me Phillip Lynch and Gerald Dyer but i don’t know how much experience they have with mod motors. I can travel a little ways so I’m thinking of going to MV Performance or maybe Fastlane but would like to stay loca if I could

Users who are viewing this thread