UPR Blu Thunder Shifter?

03blackvert

Established Member
I was browsing UPR's site today pondering some interior dress up when I ran across their Blu Thunder shifter, which I think must be new as I didn't see it before. Here's a link http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=84

Anyone have one of these? If you have one have you used a Tri-Ax or Pro5.0 before to compare? A shifter is one of the next things on my list, but at this moment I'm a bit confused as to which one I want, and if I'll need the MGW handle with any of them to get it positioned just right.

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
there was a thread on here last weekend about the blue thunder and every one that responded had positive things to say. some had even had the tri-ax and pro 5.0 and said it was compareable.

StreetSnake

Established Member
That was my post last week The UPR blue thunder is a comparable piece of equipment , I installed mine last week and I dont know why I waited so long, Had both the Triax and the Pro 50 over the years and I am completely satisfied with the Blue Thunder and the price is hard to beat SVTOA members recieve a 10%discount at UPR knocking the price down to 135.00:beer: :beer:

03blackvert

Established Member
URP is sounding like a winner. I might get a few other items while I'm at it. ;) I missed the threads in the first search because I looked for "blu thunder" which is how it is on their web site. Not sure if they missed an "e" there, or if everyone is just using the wrong name. :lol:

Lomancobra

Established Member
Has anyone else experienced less accurate shifts with their shifter. Iv'e had the pro 5.0 from the beginning, I now have 9K on the car and the shifting has gotten messier every day. I feel it especially in the 2nd gear upshift, it doesnt go right in, but it's kinda crunchy. Did I bend the shift fork or something?

Annihil8or

Got Fever?
Established Member
Originally posted by SonicVenum
I've got the Blue Thunder, and I love it. I've heard it's the exact same design as the Steeda TriAx, at a cheaper price.

==========================================

Yup, so much the same design that allegedly there is a lawsuit in the works.

Meanwhile I just got one and it is incredible. Quite a bargain and night and day difference compared to the stock.

The only downside I have found so far is the noise factor, the Blue Thunder, because of its solid billet construction, transmits more sound than the stock shifter. This notwithstanding, I still highly recommend the shifter. It seems like it "assists" the shifting.

Annihil8or

auyon

svt freak
Established Member
I have it, love it, I use it with my stock handle ( bent it for a better fit) and its almost as quiet as stock

Users who are viewing this thread