upper pulley removal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
dsc00510.jpg

step 1: cover fender so you dont scratch the paint.

dsc00511.jpg

dsc00512.jpg

dsc00513.jpg

Step 2: remove 3 10MM bolts from the cover.

dsc00516.jpg

Step 3: remove "christmas tree" from blower snount. on early models this will be a bolt.

dsc00515.jpg

Step 4: place 1/2" wrench into belt tensioner to remove belt. be careful not to bend tensioner.

dsc00518.jpg

dsc00520.jpg

Step 5: Place amazon Puller over pulley. be sure to place a small about of grease on threads of puller (center bolt only). make sure puller is square.

dsc00522.jpg

Step 6: support wrench with hand under head. this step is a 2 person job. have a 2nd person place a bar in the puller to hold it in place.
a loud "pop" will sound when the pulley is loose.

dsc00524.jpg

Step 7: place a very small amount of clean grease on shaft. then whipe it off.

dsc00525.jpg

Step 8: make sure the install is set up like this to be sure not to marr the snount

dsc00526.jpg

Step 9:place pulley on install tool and thread install tool into blower shaft. be sure to make sure pulley is square on shaft.

dsc00528.jpg

Step 10: tighten bolt on install tool to press pulley on. have 2nd person holt install tool with a socket wrench and use your other hand to support wrench.

dsc00532.jpg

Step 11: back nut off of washer on the install tool then back install tool out of blower shaft.

dsc00533.jpg
pulley will pressed dead flush on blower shaft.

last thing to do is place belt back on.

Last edited:

team23jordan

Subaru Legacy GT
Established Member
Derek,
You gotta put before link
and after link

for example
dsc00533.jpg

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
thanks for info. where can I find step by step to install lowering kit front and rear, thanks.

Last edited:

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
buff... ill be lowering my back end this week i can take pictures as i do it... as for the front. i wont be doign it so i can get in and out of my driveway

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Cool Derek, what shackles are you using and how much, cause I haven't decided if I want to lower all four corners or just bring the rear level, I have a driveway problem too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread