Upper/Lower control install. Anything to it?

Chris_H

kcuS uoY
Established Member
I should be trying to install my u/l control arms this week on my 87 LX. Is there any tips you guys have for me? It appears that it will be straight forward, but I want to make sure there isn't anything I need to know first.

I'll also be installing the new seats, electric water pump and electric fan this weekend if all goes well. It's been too long since I have had this car running and now I want it ready by the end of Feb for the test and tune at the local track. Been almost 2 years since the car has been to the track. :nonono:

01cobrasouth

01cobrasouth
Established Member
No its really straight forward take the shocks loose with the car in the air put a jack on the bottom of the lower control arm and jack it up to take the pressure off take out the bolt then ease down on the jack and the spring will fall out take out the bolt thats in the torque box and the control arm will come out do the same to the other side then take the jack and jack up on the pumpkin take the bolts out of the housing where the upper control arms bolt to it take out the bolts where they connect to the car and then putting it all back together- I know you didn't ask for all of this but I had nothing better to do-sorry

Users who are viewing this thread