Upgrading 24mm sway bar bushings?

FiveLeeter918

OK Performance Fords
Established Member
Rear sway bar end links are starting to pop, and while I am installing all my other goodies I figured I might as well look to upgrade them. At this point, the only thing I can find are the OEM replacements. I have seen the Prothane bushing kits, and the Steeda/BMR upgraded endlinks for the 05-10, but is there anything available for a stock 2011+ 24mm rear sway bar?

I saw on one post where a guy just bored out the holes to fit, but I would prefer to get something I don't have to potentially destroy.

Any ideas?

barspen

Established Member
Just to clarify, there are three option for this kit...an A, B and C model, depending on the model of car you have.

I will be able to report on fitment mid-next week.

Last edited:

barspen

Established Member
FRPP rear endlink kit installed

My Ford Racing rear swaybar end link and bushing kit arrived a day early so I decided to give it a go. Stock bar is 24mm.

- First thing I noticed was the new end links are around 1.5 inches shorter than stock. I was a little concerned with swaybar clearance from the mufflers. Turned out not to be an issue...but it's close.
- The stock links and end bushing can be removed from the stock bar. Next time, I might have used some PB Blaster to loosen them up, but I was able to twist and pull them around the 90-degree bends. It was not easy, but the rubber bushings were forgiving enough.
- I like the stock bolts much better than the ones that came in the Ford Racing kit. The integrated nut/clip on the end bushing is a functional l design. I ended up using the stock bolt/nut on the new links, but replaced them on the end bushing. If I ever need to get them off the end bushing, I will need a wrench with a much steeper angle.
- After I buttoned everything up, I took it for a quick ride. The rear seems much more firm. Not gonna lie...that could be "new-shoes-make-you-run-faster-syndrome". But no more squeaks when driving out of the driveway.
Either way, it was a pretty inexpensive way to dress up and firm up the rear sway bar.

twistedneck

Established Member
I think the newest links are tighter and don't pop over bumps. that's happening simply due to worn out rubber, the new ones are a bitch to get on though w/o silicone.

Users who are viewing this thread