Upgrades to friends car

99arboC

Established Member
Not my car, but my garage and tools. Neighbor recently picked up a 2104 focus st. Very nice car and he likes it so far. He has a laundry list of upgrades.
So last weekend. We changed the intercooler, intake tube and added some stripes. He has a new down pipe with high flow cat Ford tune, snorkel, plugs, and open filter coming in the mail. Should be a lot more fun once all that is installed.

1FAEC45A-43FB-4742-9E06-2BF959124FD1_zpsw5udnbsj.jpg

FE6A3802-3D27-48BE-BFD7-039152F3A944_zpsb0iiyxcm.jpg

AEC4692B-CB21-4FE1-B6A9-527B38A1C616_zps66me8avq.jpg

FFC1FFE3-C069-4220-A64C-1FA5039003CD_zpsprrtyxkm.jpg

99arboC

Established Member
Well he added the snorkel and the K&N filter the other day. still waiting on the pro cal to arrive before swapping plugs and adding the tune.

2004Droptop

Established Member
"Not my car, but my garage and tools. Neighbor recently picked up a 2104 focus st. Very nice car and he likes it so far. He has a laundry list of upgrades.
So last weekend. We changed the intercooler, intake tube and added some stripes. He has a new down pipe with high flow cat Ford tune, snorkel, plugs, and open filter coming in the mail. Should be a lot more fun once all that is installed."

Any idea what brand intercooler?

99arboC

Established Member
I can find out what brand ic.

The stripes are worth 10 hp at least. Not sure what you mean what are the stripes for he thought they looked good.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
any updates on the car? Im assuming hes gottenthe tuner and installed it. The ford tune is supposed to make loads and loads of usable torque and power. Peak power isnt that much different but the peak torque is huge and the usable HP band is a lot flatter and plentiful down low.

Zemedici

Established Member
I can find out what brand ic.

The stripes are worth 10 hp at least. Not sure what you mean what are the stripes for he thought they looked good.

just saw this.

I thought they had some sort of meaning, its the same stripes you see on Mopars and Grand Sport vettes, just curious is all.

+1 for updates.

VenomousSVT

TRQSTEER
Established Member
Im personally a big supported of a good FMIC... heat soak sucks the life out of anything. I went big on my procharger kit for the cobra. I hope to take delivery of my 2015 ST tomorrow or monday at the latest. I dont want to mess with warranty at all if I can help it, but I really am very interested in going with a steeda FMIC or equivalent asap. That will help performance AND prolong engine life IMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread