Upgrades for ON3 (single) kits??

jeffs

Established Member
Long read,

So On3's site has a lot of options to choose from, I'm leaning towards their single kit to hopefully get me fairly easy single digit passes, reliability going down the roads / highways and 850+ whp with E85 on my (built bottom), factory breathing engine. I'm also at 6500' altitude, and race in 8000-9000' DA conditions constantly.

• 5" bar and plate inter-cooler option vs the standard 4" cooler. Is this helpful and worth 99 bucks over standard. Drag racing here, not road racing?
  • 80mm, and 88mm, turbo upgrades They're not much extra, but will they be slow to spool, harder to fit than the standard 76, also seems like alot of people are absolutely ripping with the standard turbo? I'd also like to be able to make a decent pass with just foot-braking. Site says to consider these upgrades if more than 850whp is desired, but have been told that the 76 will be plenty. I'm also not experienced with the effects of high elevation and turbos. On superchargers, I'm usually 3-5 lbs short on boost compared to the rest of the world running similar equipment.
  • I'm just assuming the standard BOV's, and wastegate equipment is safe and effective? As I'm sure they wouldn't like malfunctioning WG's taking out engines? If they're of good quality, I'd rather keep those just for better fitment than trying to fit other brand stuff to ON3's plumbing.
I'd also like to hear if the twin kit would suit my goals any easier, or more reliably, but I like the idea of less parts of the single, whether that's a valid point or not? I'd also like to know if there's any significant ground clearance issues with either kit as well. Thanks for any advice / input.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread