Upgraded

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I purchased my house in September of 2016 and we've loved it. It's on 3 acres inside of town, but no direct neighbors. I wanted the land, I wanted the pool, I wanted the space. It's just under 6,100 square feet, built in 2003. We've replaced 90% of the flooring since we moved in, refinished all of the cabinets in the house, redone landscaping, etc etc.

After going through 235 bags of mulch a couple of weeks ago, I said screw it, not doing this anymore. I was tired of all of the exterior upkeep. I just don't have time for it chasing 4 kids around for sports, and going to the racetrack.

My wife found a newer house, built in December 2019, in a neighborhood (with a pool) not far from us. We went and checked it out on the 2nd, made and offer on the 3rd, finally came together on the 9th...put our house on the market the 11th, and sold it today.

We close on both September 30th!

New:

upload_2021-8-16_17-12-27.jpeg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations Nick. Very nice. Is that a separate one-bay garage on the right? Or a “storage” bay.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations Nick. Very nice. Is that a separate one-bay garage on the right? Or a “storage” bay.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

It's a third car garage, all combined. For whatever reason, they recessed that bay about 1' for so. Not really sure why.

My94GT

Established Member
Looks good, I’m a fan of the style- modern farm house/craftsmen but I couldn’t imagine losing the lot size.

that said there are times I debated going 1 acre vs the 3 we have now but alas I bought 10 to build on lol

mariusvt

Established Member
It's a third car garage, all combined. For whatever reason, they recessed that bay about 1' for so. Not really sure why.
That's the way our 3rd car is as well, unfortunately our builder had no option to make it matched depth unless springing the extra 20k for a side entry plan.

Last edited:

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Nice looking place! Looks identical to the neighborhood my sister lives in around the St louis area, probably done by the same builder.

noco5.0

Established Member
Congrats is the real estate market in the Kansas City area as crazy as everywhere else? Grew up there but haven't been back for quite awhile.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I grew up in land, always wanted land... but at 30 years old, I've realized that working 60-70 hours a week, have 10-15 hours of sporting events, weekends at the track, spending time with my wife, etc... I don't have the desire to spend the time in my yard.

With that said, when the kids are out of the house, I guarantee I'll build a <2000 square foot hose on 10-15 acres with a huge shop, pond and kart track.

Sent from my Potato

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
Move to the country, nobody gives a shit what your yard looks like as long as you mow it occasionally.

Did you buy high and sell high, and sort of break even?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Move to the country, nobody gives a shit what your yard looks like as long as you mow it occasionally.

Did you buy high and sell high, and sort of break even?
I care though, I'm a perfectionist.

I made about $110k on my house in 5 years and paid about $180k less for this than I could build it for.

Sent from my Potato

SVTXTC

Established Member
I purchased my house in September of 2016 and we've loved it. It's on 3 acres inside of town, but no direct neighbors. I wanted the land, I wanted the pool, I wanted the space. It's just under 6,100 square feet, built in 2003. We've replaced 90% of the flooring since we moved in, refinished all of the cabinets in the house, redone landscaping, etc etc.

After going through 235 bags of mulch a couple of weeks ago, I said screw it, not doing this anymore. I was tired of all of the exterior upkeep. I just don't have time for it chasing 4 kids around for sports, and going to the racetrack.

My wife found a newer house, built in December 2019, in a neighborhood (with a pool) not far from us. We went and checked it out on the 2nd, made and offer on the 3rd, finally came together on the 9th...put our house on the market the 11th, and sold it today.

We close on both September 30th!

New:

View attachment 1716638

How many square feet is the new home?

Users who are viewing this thread