Upgraded water pump for built 4.6L

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
Hello everyone that may remember me! :rockon:

After 2 summers off because of a blown head gasket that snow balled into an engine build I am back. I went over the top this go around and hope to push my little precision 76mm billet/BB turbo to its limit before an upgrade. It will be the limiting factor this time. :eek:

However I ran into an issue when test fitting my turbo kit to the engine on the stand. My electric water pump is in the way! Yep my turbo runs right smack into it by about a 1/4 inch since the pulley is so much wider than the factory style. So now I am looking for other options before going back to a stock one. Are there any other options out there that work for our cars. I loved the idea of using the electric pump to move coolant around when the car is parked between rounds but that plan is over. I really don't want to move anything around with the custom turbo kit because the fit and function is so nice.

I am open to input! I have been looking but it doesn't look like I have every many options.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Your choice on water pumps for mod motors are somewhat limited. The best one I've seen is the Evans unit which is no longer made. At this time I think the factory Cobra water pump with the anti-cavitation ring would be your best bet. Stewart makes a curved vane impellor which I would take over the standard factory mod motor "paddle wheel" pump.

EvensandCobra46modmotorwaterpump2.jpg

469e99c10003cebb0000656d2200763692c-jpg.376741

ruthless

Turbo Terminator and TVS Terminator Vert
Established Member
That's a stinks about Evans. I almost bought one but decided I wanted the electric setup. Thanks for the responce.

Users who are viewing this thread