Updated shifter boot pics.

87poopstang

Established Member
IMG_20130921_143113_357_zps1b036a3b.jpg

Last edited:

87poopstang

Established Member
Sorry to bite off your idea wvmystichrome but it looked great on your car and I had to have it on mine. BTW thx for helping me with the steps to install it.:bowdown:
Thx to TMI for making these great products!:rockon:
Next up e-brake cover:shrug:

87poopstang

Established Member
ordered mine today. How did you go about removing the old boot and getting the new boot on?

I did what wvmystichrome told me to do. Buy a spare one off of eBay. found mine for $25 shipped. Then just remove the glue from it n it pops off. I glued mine together with lock tight clear glue n gorilla glue. Came out pretty good. Or u can do what he did n rivet it together and glue. Pics on page one
Good luck tango and can't wait to see it :beer:

wvmystichrome

Established Member

I got a little wood there. Looks absolutely great. I get compliments on mine where ever I go. You did a great job. The reason I did the rivets is because the one I received had the melted plastic tabs holding the boot on. There was no glue. Plus with the rivets I got it to stretch and stay. I told Waylon to make sure the next ones made after mine were about a 1/2 inch rounder. It would have made a much simpler install.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I do like that boot. Ford should have done this from the factory.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
Good job guys. I still am trying to figure ou the E-brake. I cannot get a hold of a picture of the bottom of the console where it attaches. I was hoping is was not done like the shifter bezel and fixed by melting plastic tabs.

Users who are viewing this thread