**UPDATED** Potential Problem! | Purple Mattress

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Goodness..4k?

My tulo queen was less than 800 with a box spring, sheets, pillie cases and shipping.
Yes 4K. That was for the king sized Purple 4 plus a bunch of accessories. The mattress alone in that size sells for $3500. It's not that much IMHO when you consider you spend 3000 hours a year sleeping on it.

U.M.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Goodness..4k?

My tulo queen was less than 800 with a box spring, sheets, pillie cases and shipping.

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

These prices on mattresses are absurd!

I bought a $210 (not a typo) 10" generic Amazon queen mattress for my RV and sleep like a damn ROCK on that thing when we are out camping.

Has me wife and I considering getting rid of our Serta for one.

FJohnny

Established Member
I think I read that the better, more expensive mattresses significantly increase both hump frequency and duration. Combine that with the thought of 3000 hours per year and it sure seems obvious that it's money well spent.

Worried about the urgent problems being experienced though. Hope they get worked out.

Might have to consider the purple for humping and get separate Tulo or Amazon for sleeping. Luckily master bedroom will fit both. Could look weird though.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Very pleased with my Tempurpedic Original King. 5 years now and still the most comfortable bed Ive slept on. Ever. I think OTD was $1300 with a 25 year manufacturers warranty.

Zemedici

Established Member
I'm still on a standard water bed. Since forever. Adjust water volume for firmness. Heater provides added comfort. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've slept on a water bed since 1981. No back problems here, no plans to change bed types.

my dad popped his.

Said us kids weren't allowed to have one :( hahahaha

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
These prices on mattresses are absurd!

I bought a $210 (not a typo) 10" generic Amazon queen mattress for my RV and sleep like a damn ROCK on that thing when we are out camping.

Has me wife and I considering getting rid of our Serta for one.

^ Agree.

We tried a generic memory foam mattress about 8 years ago. At the time I assumed the more memory foam the better. So I opted for 5" of memory foam. Well it was hot AF. I realize sheets and the design underneath the foam effect heat too but IMO most of the heat was simply from having too much dense memory foam.

So then we spotted an off brand foam mattress at Costco. Knowing their return policy we decided to go for it. Best damn bed I've ever had and I have a sensitive back thanks to my long and lanky body frame. Well we decided to get more of the mattresses but just as our luck Costco quit selling them. So we found them on Amazon: www.amazon.com/Sleep-Innovations-12-inch-Mattress-Warranty/dp/B01EAG9X84/

We bought 3 more total. 1 for each of my 2 kids and 1 for the spare room. Every guest I have had stay with me has commented on how great that bed is. 3 of my guests have actually asked where to get one and have gotten the exact same one. All 4 of our beds are now 4-5 years old and they haven't developed any type of memory in the foam. They rebound back up just like new.

Last edited:

Intervention302

Established Member
I spent $1000 give or take a couple bucks on a King Size Leesa about 2 years ago. We BOTH absolutely love it

Best purchase I've made

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
My whole setup was $2000 6 years ago and I about stroked paying that. It was worth it though. Only problem i have is the damn cats crowd me up and make it a bitch to turn over since they fight back

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Got an email late last night asking to verify my shipping address. Looks as if they are going to send me a replacement. Will report back as the situation progresses.

U.M.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
Got an email late last night asking to verify my shipping address. Looks as if they are going to send me a replacement. Will report back as the situation progresses.

U.M.

If they are smart, they will take this minimal hit so that it pays off in the long run.

Good luck with the new one.

Finally got my purple pillows yesterday, and it was the cherry on top. Felt great getting up this morning. Things are about 10lbs each though.

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
I did not realize the Purple mattresses were this expensive.

We've had a Saatva for a couple years or so and love it. Great quality, long warranty, good customer service of the company, etc.

Had back problems that were very severe, and most of them have gone away.

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Purple contacted me yesterday and apologized for the delay in getting me a replacement. Due to the holiday rush the new mattress won't arrive for 3-4 weeks. I did confirm though the replacement mattress being sent is factory new. They also confirmed it will be a "white glove" delivery. They'll haul out the defective mattress and set up the new one. That's a good thing! The Purple 4 King weighs in at a hefty 178 Lbs. When it's rolled up in the shipping bag it's not too difficult to move around, but once you release it from that it's a real pain in the ass to move. Wife's biggest complaint with this mattress is that she's not strong enough to lift the corner of the mattress with one hand while tucking in the fitted sheets.

U.M.

MG0h3

Established Member
I'm still on a standard water bed. Since forever. Adjust water volume for firmness. Heater provides added comfort. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. I've slept on a water bed since 1981. No back problems here, no plans to change bed types.
Think I might go back to one. Cant remember the last time I slept good without waking up to move over and over.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Uncle Meat

Established Member
Got an early Christmas present just now! I guess Purple felt sorry for my ass and had my replacement mattress sent via Air Freight instead of ground. I had originally received an email stating that due to the holiday rush it would be 3-4 weeks for delivery. Then a few days later I got an email from a shipping company stating that they would be delivering my bed sometime on January 2nd. Well I just got off the phone with the local Air Freight office in town and they said it came in last night and they are delivering it today! WooHoo! First thing I'm going to do is run that test again before I ever put the sheets on it. Will report back.

U.M.

Users who are viewing this thread