Updated pics of my whip

silver50

Established Member
Hey guys just finished installing all the parts I have been painting on the car. Sorry only a few pics and only pics from my Iphone, but I will get more pics with my good camera when I get a chance. I'll try to get more this week, but I have finals all the way through Sunday so I will for sure update with more pics once I'm back in SD next week. hope you like what I did to the car. Decided to paint the AMR rims bronze because I was getting tired of everyone having the same rims in the same color as me online. I got these rims when they first came out before everyone started to buy it, and I wanted my car to look unique again. I also painted my radiator cover, strut tower, engine cover, coil covers, cold air intake. Deleted sound tube and hid my hood prop rod. Just waiting for the new hood struts to arrive tomorrow to install them.

IMG_1643.jpg

IMG_1641.jpg

IMG_1642.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

Hope you guys like it as much as I do. :rockon:

Ebbsnflows

Established Member
For some reason I was expecting pictures of a long braided leather strap? I thought perhaps you were a big Indiana Jones fan or something??? :shrug:

4VFTW

Established Member
There is a reason why everyone buys black/charcoal drifts and I think you just discovered it. Looks goddess otherwise.

silver50

Established Member
Whats your rim/tire spec?

the rims are AMR 18x9. I'm running 275/45/18 in the back with 255/45/18 in the front. The rears are continental extreme contact DW. I love these tires only tires I used that I can actually hook and go full throttle in all gears. the stock tires and the Michelins I had before these I could not go past 1/3 throttle in the first 3 gears. These are my second set of Continetal and I would recommend them to anyone that needs a great DD tire that hooks. I also have BC Coilovers with a 2" spring spacer in the rear. I was tired of bottoming out with all the dips out here on the freeway in Phoenix. Now I love the ride and the stance

silver50

Established Member
Looks real nice!
Thanks man appreciate it.:beer:

For some reason I was expecting pictures of a long braided leather strap? I thought perhaps you were a big Indiana Jones fan or something??? :shrug:
sorry bro don't have a fetish for whips, but I am definitely in love with my mustang:rockon: :burnout:

There is a reason why everyone buys black/charcoal drifts and I think you just discovered it. Looks goddess otherwise.
I know the reason most people buy these rims because they look clean on these cars. I honestly haven't seen any mustangs out here in Phoenix nor San Diego with these rims. However, online it seems like everyone has them now. I love the look of the rims that is why I originally got them, but like I said before I bought them when they first came out. when it looked unique to have. I just wanted to change the color of the rims so I could be different again. Plus if you put tire shine at all on your tires and you had the matte grey rims like mine, the over spray would make them look dirty and was a pain to keep clean. I figure now that I have a clear coat on it, it should be easier to clean off and keep clean.

schecter

Established Member
I like them, its nice to have something a bit different than everyone else sometimes. Thats why I chose to go with dark bronze as well.
IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

Not the best, but the sun wasn't really out to capture the bronze.

silver50

Established Member
I like them, its nice to have something a bit different than everyone else sometimes. Thats why I chose to go with dark bronze as well.
IMG_0025.jpg

IMG_2009.jpg

Not the best, but the sun wasn't really out to capture the bronze.

looks clean man. yeah the sunlight was not co-operating with me either. looks a lot better in person. I didn't know when painting the rims that the paint had a slight metallic finish to it. love how they came out.

Bizarro

I lika do da chacha...
Established Member
There is a reason why everyone buys black/charcoal drifts and I think you just discovered it.

Sounds like something a lemming would say.

I think the wheels look great and a nice break up from the repetitive (although nice looking) black/charcoal wheels.

Nice going OP...way to step out of the box and do something different. :beer:

silver50

Established Member
I really like the painted grill cover. But whats up with the large profile tire?
I bet it rides nice though.

I went with the large profile tire because I am tired of seeing these cars with low pro tires. This is a muscle car not an import. the bigger tire fills in the wheel well better, rides smoother, and this is my DD so I have accidentally rubbed a couple of curbs. I gotten pissed at myself for scratching my rims. get out to look at the damage, and low and behold, with the bigger tire no scratch marks at all on the rims. got to love that. another reason when I bought the 275/45/18 they were getting discontinued on tire rack for that size so picked up 4 for $440 shipped to me. wish I bought more sets now cuz they are over $300 a tire now

silver50

Established Member
Sounds like something a lemming would say.

I think the wheels look great and a nice break up from the repetitive (although nice looking) black/charcoal wheels.

Nice going OP...way to step out of the box and do something different. :beer:

Thanks Bizarro, I love the look of the rims, and I liked them in charcoal. I just didn't like that you could barely see them in pictures, and yes today I believe you need to do things that are outside the box but still look good and looks like it belongs there

boduke0220

Established Member
looks good, love the black roof. not a fan of the bigger sidewall though, makes the wheels look smaller. Not my car though.

silver50

Established Member
looks good, love the black roof. not a fan of the bigger sidewall though, makes the wheels look smaller. Not my car though.

Thanks man. I'll have more pics of the entire car with a better quality camera up probably next week when I get back to SD where I can fully detail the car inside and out. I know a lot of people don't like the bigger sidewall these days. however I do. my biggest concern when I bought the bigger sidewall tires was it would mess with handling. Luckily it still handles on rails and has beaten many different people on motorcycles up palomar mountain in San Diego which is an extremely curvy road with decreasing radius turns as you get higher in the mountain. I love it when I'm about to start at the bottom of the mountain and all the motorcycles are talking crap that they are going to smoke me and then I destroy them all the way to the top. I believe the coilovers are the biggest reason for this, but these tires stick like crazy as well. I love the profile of the tires and to be honest I had lower profile tires on the rims at one point. I thought the rims looked smaller and there was a bigger fender gap. plus I had little traction with the lower profile tires. So yes for me the bigger sidewalls help my car preform better probably since I'm 6m it helps absorb some of the shock of shifting. either way with these tires the car is way more fun to drive :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread