Updated 2000 R FAQ and info document

griffined

SVT driver
FYI, I started working on the next update to the FAQ and got the info above in it. I've been busy looking at and buying a house in FL. I hope to get the update posted this coming week before I get really busy with moving. Ed

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
Ed,

Can you please add the following information concerning the proper rivets and squeezer to apply the DZUS fasteners onto the splitter?...

============================================

Here are the part numbers to order the rivets and the squeezer:

Call Jay-Cee Sales & Rivet at 1-800-521-6777

Squeezer: TP-888-2 Hand Rivet Squeezer with 2” yoke AND part number 200-4504 1/8” Tubular Set for rivet squeezer (this is the insert for the squeezer)

Rivets: part# T125F002500 Oval HD Semi-Tub “430” stainless steel rivets (1/8” X ¼” X 7/32”) [these come in packets of 100]

These are for attaching the DZUS fasteners onto the splitter. You should use the supplied rivets (pop rivets) for attaching the springs onto the bumper.

as an update: the squeezer is $291. the tubular set (which you must have for these rivits) is $30.

also, the above mentioned rivit part # is for the stainless steel version. if you want the alum version then T125A002500. the heads on these will roll easier (less work for me) and drill out easier if you need to. i'm told they will hold just as well. and the best part - they're lighter than the stainless steel ones.

CobraKalas

Established Member
Hey i probably have no sayhere on this thread but i was wonderin from a 99 or 01 cobra stand point, are there any side exit exhaust systems that look the same as the your Cobra R kits by Borla? with the dual 2 round pipe design on each side that you guys know of? i read most of the FAQ and it said somethin bout the Bassani but i looked for it and couldnt find it, what book or website are you basing these part #'s off of?

Fourcam281

Lots of false info...

Heads - the heads have been reworked for the R to provide better flow
Oil Pan - Canton Oil Products racing oil pan (9 quarts!)
Pistons - forged pistons (much stronger for racing)
Rods - titanium (again much stronger)
Crank - billet steel (again, you guessed it.. stronger)
Stroke - longer stroke than the normal Navigator motor to provide more "uumph" (that's a technical term)
Intake - a special "R only" intake plenum - this one SVT will NOT sell you if you are not an R owner - so you'll have to resort to something else in the aftermarket.
Headers - short tube headers for increased flow of spent gasses
Cast iron block

'00R heads are completely different castings than any of the other modular 4v heads to date--save the '05 GT which uses a slightly modified version of the '00R heads. '00R heads use a +2mm exhaust valve sizing (32mm vs. 30mm) and even have a specific vavletrain (featuring a Dodge Neon adjuster) not shared with any other head. '00R heads flow more stock than a stage II (80-85%) set of ported Navis.
The rods are billet steel, not Ti.
Crank is a regular forged ( 8 bolt) Navi unit.
The '00R engine has stock dimensions (no extra stroke) those being 3.55"x4.165"

Last edited:

griffined

SVT driver
The next time I update it, I will add that. I've got the corrections from the message above and some emails to me to do, so it's about time I do an update again.

Ed

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Ed:

I did a paint code search on this thread and it came up with nothing.

Paint code is ES Performance Red. 2000 Cobra "R" Mustang

Thanks!

Bruce

Fourcam330

Established Member
griffined said:
The next time I update it, I will add that. I've got the corrections from the message above and some emails to me to do, so it's about time I do an update again.

Ed

See post #28 for more corrections.

DesertStang

Race Desert
Established Member
I have a question about the availability of the '00 Cobra R's.

Are there arny for sale in the US? And where do I look?

And, what are they going for (for an example in excellent condition)?

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
The newest version of the R heads (from the GT) are available from FRPP now and I am looking at building a clone motor. Problem is I can't find any sort of intake (factory or aftermarket) let alone a set that is supposed to work with these unique heads. Anyone know what I am missing? Thanks for the help.

Tom

Fourcam330

Established Member
BlackBolt9 said:
The newest version of the R heads (from the GT) are available from FRPP now and I am looking at building a clone motor. Problem is I can't find any sort of intake (factory or aftermarket) let alone a set that is supposed to work with these unique heads. Anyone know what I am missing? Thanks for the help.

Tom

You won't find an intake that works unless it's a '00R or custom manifold. Same with longtube headers, they're going to have to be custom.

Herbal

Cobra R 2000 for Sale; new and unwashed with sticker

What are suggestions about value of an unused 2000 Cobra R??? Located in Loveland, CO. I may sell my never-washed R at auction but need to put a minimum on it. It still has the stickers on the windows and assembly line grease marker on the windshield.

Herbal

Users who are viewing this thread