Update on TOB and retainer sleeve

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Has anyone else that has had this work done checked the material of their original sleeve? Mine was steel – not aluminum as posted elsewhere on these forums. So what gives…did I get a freak, or were the other posts about it being aluminum simply incorrect? I stopped in this morning and my car is done, (took him 4 hours), but I haven’t driven it yet. I’ll pick it up later today.

SNKBITE

Established Member
Mine went into the shop this morning to have the TSB done. It is having the new Ram 900 Series clutch installed at the same time.
I have the dealer saving all the old parts so I will let you know if mine was steel or aluminum.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by SNKBITE
Mine went into the shop this morning to have the TSB done. It is having the new Ram 900 Series clutch installed at the same time.
I have the dealer saving all the old parts so I will let you know if mine was steel or aluminum.

Thanks SNKBITE. I'd appreciate it.

Anyone else? Stang2WRX? Blk03SVT? tu212? racerat?

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
Thanks SNKBITE. I'd appreciate it.

Anyone else? Stang2WRX? Blk03SVT? tu212? racerat?

Unfortunately, I didn't ask for the old parts.... :rolleyes: :nonono: :rollseyes :bash: Stupid me. Oh well... Sorry I can't help with that question...

The part numbers I gave are right off my repair ticket though... Hope they helped someone.... :beer: :D

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
Im so freaking aggrivated with my local dealer

Whats up guys. I took my car in the shop on August 6th for the TOB TSB. The rear end TSB and for the pull TSB. It is also going to their body shop to have the front fenders alligned. Well as of today they dont have a clue when the parts will be in. My car sat in their parking lot until Thursday the 12th before they brought it into the shop and put it on the lift. Yesterday the 23 the service tech, who is unfortunatly a very good friend of mine, finished putting the rear end in :nonono:

I went by there at lunch and checked the TOB sleeve and Im pretty sure that it is steel.

Im so freaking upset about my car being in the shop for so freaking long I wanna go up there and give the service manager a piece of my mind and my foot.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Re: Im so freaking aggrivated with my local dealer

Originally posted by 03SilverCoupe
Whats up guys. I took my car in the shop on August 6th for the TOB TSB. The rear end TSB and for the pull TSB. It is also going to their body shop to have the front fenders alligned. Well as of today they dont have a clue when the parts will be in. My car sat in their parking lot until Thursday the 12th before they brought it into the shop and put it on the lift. Yesterday the 23 the service tech, who is unfortunatly a very good friend of mine, finished putting the rear end in :nonono:

I went by there at lunch and checked the TOB sleeve and Im pretty sure that it is steel.

Im so freaking upset about my car being in the shop for so freaking long I wanna go up there and give the service manager a piece of my mind and my foot.

Remember the Lemon Law.... I believe if the car is in the shop for 30 consecutive days, you are allowed by law to recoup the original cost of the car (which you could then use for a new Cobra). Someone out there knows the actual law, I'm sure... Correct me where necessary...

Sorry to hear that they've had your car forever man... Had mine for almost 2 weeks. So I guess I know some of the feeling. :(

Hope everything turns out... :thumbsup:

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
Yeah I wish I knew Georgia Lemon Laws a little better. I bought the car used with 2800 miles on it and I think I remember reading somewhere that the lemon law only applies to new cars.

Mother:cuss: I just called team ford over in marrietta Georgia and the parts manager told me that the part is on back order and that It may possibly be ready to be shipped out on September 25th. Im about to go to the dealer where my car is and..... I dunno I might just end up going to jail from there. WTF this is the second time this dealer has pulled this bullshit on me. Last time my car sat in their parking lot for a month they didnt even pull it in the shop. The tech test drove it said it needs a new rear end and parked it right back in the same spot. So after a month a came got it took it to a different ford dealership, who took the rear apart rebuilt it and put it back in. I think my car was in their for 4 days.

Heres a quick update on my situation:

I spoke with my service tech and he told me that there were 58 parts which were built on 8/20. Only emergency orders will recieve these parts. Hopefully I will get one of these parts in the next few days. If the part hasnt arrived by friday I will be calling fors corporate office, and I was thinking about trading the car in while its still on the service rack for an 04 that the dealership.

Last edited:

SNKBITE

Established Member
I would try another dealer. I had my dealer call for the part last Thursday, and he had it by Friday. The car went in this morning and will be ready tomorrow. I think someone is playing with you.....

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
Originally posted by SNKBITE
I would try another dealer. I had my dealer call for the part last Thursday, and he had it by Friday. The car went in this morning and will be ready tomorrow. I think someone is playing with you.....

I cant my car is on a lift with no tranny in it and it has been oin a lift since last thursday.

Coiled03

Established Member
Dude, you're definitely getting yanked around. The dealer ordered my parts, and had them inside 4 days. If they're on B/O, it's a very recent development because I just had mine done not 10 days ago.

Last edited:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Re: Im so freaking aggrivated with my local dealer

Since you later mentioned they told you the part is on backorder, I assum you are talking about the original retainer sleeve here?

And as far as the backorder situation, since your car is apart and on a lift, I would think you would definitely qualify for "emergency order" status. You might want to request they do that for you.

Thanks for the feedback, and good luck!

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
03 Yellow:

Yes this is warranty work

Black2003Cobra:

your correct I was reffering to the original sleeve. They already have the part on emergency order status.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Re: warranty

Originally posted by 03yellow
Is this warranty work?

Will this help take the slack of my drive train?

It is warranty work, but will not address drive train slack.

Blk03SVTCobra

Established Member
Okay Im going up there and raising hell with thoase fluckers

I would have already done that. You are a much more patient person than I, it seems.

So I'm curious... What is the total number of days that these jokers have had your car in the shop with this repair and the previous one for the rear-end??

I would definitely do some research on Lemon Law in Georgia if I were you. Either this dealer really really s##ks or the car is having serious problems. Either way, you should not have to be accountable for it. I would definitely at least mention "Lemon Law" to my service rep if my car had been in the shop this long. Perhaps that would get the ball rolling for ya.

So if I were you at this point, I would calmly sit down and write out the total time these repairs have taken, the numerous excuses given, their treatment of you, and what exactly the issues with your car have been/are. Then I would call the Ford Corporate Headquarters and raise as much hell as I could, while making sure to at least mention the words "Lemon Law" in at least 3 different sentences.

I really hope you get this problem fixed man. Please let us know if there's anything we can do for you. There's absolutely no excuse for their treatment of you to this point!! They could at least put your car back together to let you use it until the parts arrive (assuming that you can actually drive the car with the bad parts)!!

:cuss: :mj: :bash: :fm: I'm getting pissed for you.

Again, please let us know how it goes when you go over there today and let us know if we can do anything for you.

Sean ([email protected])

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Coiled03
Dude, you're definitely getting yanked around. The dealer ordered my parts, and had them inside 4 days. If they're on B/O, it's a very recent development because I just had mine done not 10 days ago.
They couldn't get the parts for mine for almost 2 weeks. They told me it was on national back order and the rep was going to locate the parts. They found 2 dealerships that showed the part in stock but were installing them in cust cars and were spoken for. I have no idea where they got the TSB kit from for my car. It did take them a while to get it though.

I picked up my car last night so my car was there 11 days total.

This is my car this morning on the way back to the dealer sounding worse than ever before. :cryying:

03DOHC

Established Member
I wouldn't get too huffy with the service manager. It is not his fault the parts are backordered. Ford just needs a big foot in their ass.

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Well I stopped and picked up my car and…I’m in love again! Clutch pedal vibration is totally GONE, (and no squealing). At first, the clutch engagement was WAY towards the top, which I did not get used to on my way home. After I got in the driveway I did a quick adjustment, and now all is well. I had several hot spots and pits on my FW, so they did replace that as well, along w/ a new clutch and pressure plate. The new pressure plate makes pushing in the clutch pedal much easier! Mine was a first-run car, so they’ve definitely revised something there as well. Thanks Ford SVT for finally addressing this problem! And of course MANY thanks to the shop foreman who did the work on my car and for turning it around so quickly. I think if more of you had dealers like mine, you’d be a much happier bunch. They are out there, ya just gotta find them!

03DOHC - the parts are coming from a Tier II supplier, so it may not even be Ford's fault. But we'll never know for sure, I suppose. Hope you get them soon. Can you get elevated to emergency order status?

Last edited:

03SilverCoupe

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2003Cobra
Well I stopped and picked up my car and…I’m in love again! Clutch pedal vibration is totally GONE, (and no squealing). At first, the clutch engagement was WAY towards the top, which I did not get used to on my way home. After I got in the driveway I did a quick adjustment, and now all is well. I had several hot spots and pits on my FW, so they did replace that as well, along w/ a new clutch and pressure plate. The new pressure plate makes pushing in the clutch pedal much easier! Mine was a first-run car, so they’ve definitely revised something there as well. Thanks Ford SVT for finally addressing this problem! And of course MANY thanks to the shop foreman who did the work on my car and for turning it around so quickly. I think if more of you had dealers like mine, you’d be a much happier bunch. They are out there, ya just gotta find them!

03DOHC - the parts are coming from a Tier II supplier, so it may not even be Ford's fault. But we'll never know for sure, I suppose. Hope you get them soon. Can you get elevated to emergency order status?

Yeah yeah yeah must be nice:kaboom:

I didnt go to the dealership. I wanted to cool of for a day before I went up there.

How could you not blame ford when there is a nice 12k mile old ford blue emblem on the decklid of my car. I was told that the supplier is in mexico and they cant procure (sp??) the materials to build the parts.

The kicker is that the car still has to have a 4wheel alignment and go to the body shop to have the front fenders aligned. It will probably take them 2 weeks at the body shop since everyone at the dealership has their head stuck up their ass, or the parts will be on back order for the alignment.

Users who are viewing this thread