Update on my bad cats/ plugs problem (a bit long)

anteros511

Established Member
I brought the 03 into the dealer Monday morning but, before I did I took it to a friend who is extremely knowledgable. He drove the car and said it was a dog, putting out no power... He said it was misfiring and to have the dealer only replace the plugs not thinking the cats were bad... He also mentioned the popping noise that we heard was unburnt gas exploding inside the cats... So then off to the dealer I was... I explained everything to this hard-ass service manager, and he just said "we'll check it out!" I then spoke to the owner of DiBlasi Ford who I got friendly with and he lit a flame under the service guys butts... First they said that the computer showed the plugs where replaced on June 10 by Ford?? Strange, it came off the carrier at my dealer on June 24, so I'm assuming this was done post-manufacturing near the assembly plant after a test drive... They replaced the plugs and said it was still misfiring! After that they disconnected the suspected fouled cats and drove the car! Boy that motherf*cker was LOUD, but sounded kinda nice. When he got back he said it was making full power! Yey! So now they ordered the cats and hopefully I'll have her back in a day or two. The outcome of this long narative post, they said the cause was "defective cats" with also caused the plugs to foul with no sign of bad gas... He said he's seen that in the Lightning truck as well and it's not unlikely that several Cobras got affected.

Evilcartman

Established Member
I found a rattle in my cats when I picked up the car. I had my buddy that works at the dealer order a new set before I left though. I heard the rattle and noticed the Cats getting real hot.

Then I was challenged on the street by a Ricer after I had about 75 miles on it. I got into the gas about %75. It blew the hose on the high side to the DPFE right off on both ends. Lucky me the hose was laying on the drivers side cat when I got home.

I reattached it and that was a bitch, so be warned. You would think that putting a hose back on would be easy but it was behind the head.

Then on the way to work this morning, my check engine light came on. So, today I installed a MagnaFlow X pipe (Catted) and a cat back. I did, however notice a discoloration or burn mark on the bottom of my floor pan where the bad car had been near. It appears to be fine though. I drove the car and man, it woke up big time. I don't like the sound of the exhaust much, but the power really picked. It sounds like a Honda or a Chevy truck with big tips. I may change out the tips first and then the Mufflers until I fix it.

Even with the few problems I have had with the car, if you are male and have any testerone, you'll love this car. I do however believe that an exhaust is the first thing you should do. I haven't even put gas in my car since I brought it home from the dealer:)

Users who are viewing this thread