Update on 6250 light

Ky GT500

Established Member
The O2 sensors were definitely the problem. Drove the car last night before I changed the sensors today. They really have a impact on fuel management. I thought the car was running OK but it wasn't. I stalled the car like a newb coming off a light, like I was in third. Acceleration seemed OK till I got off the throttle and it acted like the fuel shut off for a split second. Driving around town in fifth gear, car struggled to run, had to stay in third and fourth.

Got the car up on the ramps and swapped them out today. Cleared the codes and took it out for a run. Happy to report I'm back to running like new. It took longer to set the Race Ramps up and get the drop light out than it did to change them, very simple to do.

Carboned up pretty bad.

imagejpg1-16.jpg

Last edited:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Good to hear you got it figured out John. So I'm guessing that these are the front O2's and now they are further downstream from the OE location with the LT's?

Could explain why they got carboned up that bad because of the relocation further down in the exhaust header collector vs. stock location.........................something to think about if you are considering going with LT's.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Good to hear you got it figured out John. So I'm guessing that these are the front O2's and now they are further downstream from the OE location with the LT's?

Could explain why they got carboned up that bad because of the relocation further down in the exhaust header collector vs. stock location.........................something to think about if you are considering going with LT's.

Hey Tony,,,

Yep, front O2's. For what I've gained with LT's, changing out a couple of sensors is no big deal. I won't go back to stock just to save the sensors. Not worth it to me.

Last edited:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Hhhhhmmm, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem with LT's. So how long did the first set last after you installed LT's John?

For some changing O2's every once in a while might be what's needed to run LT's so sensors stay fresh, but not sure if others (like myself) want to deal with the extra expense if they get carboned up that bad being relocated from the factory location.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Hhhhhmmm, I'm wondering if anyone else is having this problem with LT's. So how long did the first set last after you installed LT's John?

For some changing O2's every once in a while might be what's needed to run LT's so sensors stay fresh, but not sure if others (like myself) want to deal with the extra expense if they get carboned up that bad being relocated from the factory location.

Between 5-6K miles, $100-$120 a pair, a minute or so to change out, small price to pay to run LT's!!

After talking with a few guys, it is a minor issue with running LT's. They keep a spare set of sensors available to swap out when they start acting up. Nature of the beast with LT's. Like I said, small inconvenience to run LT's that I'm willing to deal with. Love my LT's!!

Ky GT500

Established Member
where did you get your O2 sensors at?

Bought mine from my dealer, $60 ea. my cost. Think you can find them cheaper other places. Just keeping my relationship in good standing with them, never know when you need them for bigger issues.

Vegasgold

Established Member
Do you think adding a washer or spacer to the o2 so they do not go in as far would help? Someone mentioned he needed a washer so the o2 is not so far in. Just wondering. I am stock but, will add Long tubes in the future. Do you have cats? Just wondering if I should go with cats or not. Thanks...Glad you found the problem...

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Rock auto.com has them pretty cheap as well. I paid 45 for mines when I messed them up in some deep water.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Do you think adding a washer or spacer to the o2 so they do not go in as far would help? Someone mentioned he needed a washer so the o2 is not so far in. Just wondering. I am stock but, will add Long tubes in the future. Do you have cats? Just wondering if I should go with cats or not. Thanks...Glad you found the problem...

Nope, no cats.

Not sure about the washer. They have one on there factory. Don't know about adding a second.

Snoopy49

Established Member
Rock auto.com has them pretty cheap as well. I paid 45 for mines when I messed them up in some deep water.

Your discount code is:

RockAuto 5% Discount Code
Enter the code above in the "How did you hear about us" line of the shopping cart. If you are using our traditional HTML catalog, please click the "Apply" button to the right of the field. Your discount will automatically appear, subtracted from your parts order total. Orders using discount codes must be placed online. Phone orders are not eligible for discounts.

This discount code expires on June 29, 2014

Derek5774

Established Member
Glad you got it fixed

I keep 2 extra sets of O2's
It's a good idea if you are modded
But since I got the NTK O2's from advance auto parts
These seem to last longer

Snoopy49

Established Member
Removal all sensors

Detach the pin type retainer and disconnect the HO2S electrical connector.
NOTE: If necessary, lubricate the HO2S threads with penetrating and lock lubricant to aid in removal.

Using a crowfoot wrench, remove the HO2S .
  • Calculate the correct torque wrench setting for the following torque. Refer to the Torque Wrench Adapter Formulas in the Appendix.
  • To install, use a crowfoot wrench, tighten to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft).
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
  • Apply a light coat of anti-seize lubricant to the threads of the HO2S before installing.

Torque Wrench Adapter Formulas.jpg

Last edited:

Ky GT500

Established Member
Removal all sensors

Detach the pin type retainer and disconnect the HO2S electrical connector.
NOTE: If necessary, lubricate the HO2S threads with penetrating and lock lubricant to aid in removal.

Using a crowfoot wrench, remove the HO2S .
  • Calculate the correct torque wrench setting for the following torque. Refer to the Torque Wrench Adapter Formulas in the Appendix.
  • To install, use a crowfoot wrench, tighten to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft).
To install, reverse the removal procedure.
  • Apply a light coat of anti-seize lubricant to the threads of the HO2S before installing.

View attachment 16031

Thanks Snoopy

Users who are viewing this thread