Universal Dual Pass HE Install

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
Earico, Thanks for the link. I'm removing my Lfp h/e and was going to buy a stock unit. I'm running a killer chiller and the larger h/e is working against me. Looks like this company offers an exact replica of our factory h/e units..

Water to Air Radiator, 26X7X2"

I'll just have to fab up a bracket like you did and it'll clean up the front end.. My dream was always to eliminate the h/e brackets (such an eye-sore Imo)

Great Job!!!!

Just curious if you noticed a difference....any change in the efficiency of the KC with decreased capacity on yours? also any difference in IAT2's from the whipple to the TVS? :shrug:

the reason I ask, with my KC setup I saw lower temps at the end of a WOT run 1st-4th with the increased capacity of coolant.....I use to see a spike of near 110-115*, now I see a spike of around maybe 105 post run....granted it does take the system longer to recover to pre-run temps with more coolant to cool back down. I would estimate my setup may take a couple extra minutes at most..

many recommend the OEM H/E or deletion totaly for better efficiency, but IMO a bypass valve negates some of this loss by not passing the coolant that is chilled to the H/E seeing ambient temps higher than the fluid.
I wont delete the H/E just for the reason, if I have a AC failure, IAT2's are not going to go through the roof.

w/o the AC, my IAT2's go from low to mid 80's* to high 120's without even beating on it, I know this observation isnt accurate for real IAT2's unless your at WOT, but none the less 40* difference is substantial....:beer:

I appoligize OP for off topic post..

MalcolmV8

Established Member
w/o the AC, my IAT2's go from low to mid 80's* to high 120's without even beating on it, I know this observation isnt accurate for real IAT2's unless your at WOT, but none the less 40* difference is substantial....:beer:

So what do you see at WOT without the a/c on? or at the end of a WOT run without a/c?

raym5_0

on 3 u go
Established Member
^ w/o AC running and my bypass valve having H/E online, IIRC usually IAT2's in the 100-120 range @WOT, post run high 120's....

this summer I was playing around with a porsche when my AC system lossed refrigerant half way throug 2nd gear, and quickly saw my IAT2's go from 90's to high 120's very quickly, but this can be distorted because I had my bypass valve shutting the H/E offline at the time.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
^ w/o AC running and my bypass valve having H/E online, IIRC usually IAT2's in the 100-120 range @WOT, post run high 120's....

this summer I was playing around with a porsche when my AC system lossed refrigerant half way throug 2nd gear, and quickly saw my IAT2's go from 90's to high 120's very quickly, but this can be distorted because I had my bypass valve shutting the H/E offline at the time.

120s is not bad, beyond that it starts pulling timing. I'm sure you're just talking about one run though. Making many pulls will probably yield much higher IAT2s. I've never been able to datalog IAT2 when running the hell outta the car playing around. I'd like to some day and see where they're at.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
What OAT's are we talking about? in the summer time I'll see AIT of 150+ after a good WOT pull......

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
Thankyou sir! Another member in that thread just completed his install of the same one and also looks great. I think this could be the start of something for those of us being replacements or who haven't upgraded yet.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything away from the other vendors who make these specifically for our cars, because they are great units also and I liked my lfp, but for $300+ ya know. I saved a ton (about 50%) and the install was very easy on this particular unit. Just glad I could share and help some fellow members save a few which is nice around Xmas time!

ctgreddy

Established Member
so my car has a normal afco dual pass h/e, would one of these ebay bar and plate styles be an improvement over mine? I dont have any issues with mine, but if the ebay one would work a little better i'd prolly sell mine and buy the ebay one.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
so my car has a normal afco dual pass h/e, would one of these ebay bar and plate styles be an improvement over mine? I dont have any issues with mine, but if the ebay one would work a little better i'd prolly sell mine and buy the ebay one.

I would just leave the one you have in your car in it. The bar & plate doesn't perform any better than a tube & fine of the same size. The bar & plate does suffer less damage when a rock hits it. They are much stronger than tube & fin but do weigh more than double.

MrCaliKrome

Established Member
The Hex key is: 2216a8

Unit type: °F

The formula is: B

OBD Header: Auto

Thanks for this info for setting up the IAT2. :beer:

Not sure how I would have figured it out without investing tons of time researching.

Any other key parameters I should know the formula to?? :read:

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Thanks for this info for setting up the IAT2. :beer:

Not sure how I would have figured it out without investing tons of time researching.

Any other key parameters I should know the formula to?? :read:

You're welcome! :beer:

I can't tell you how many PMs I have gotten and the person still couldn't figure it out equipped with that same exact information!!
facepalm-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
So long term how has this HE worked for you? I ran into an issue today of my car pulling so much timing it fail safe'd and wouldn't break 5k rpm while screwing around with a friends 13' GT500. First 2 pulls car ran great, on the 3rd it fell on its face.

Does it the radiator and A/C still get ample air for cooling?

Nitrous SSC

Established Member
I received the 2" thick version today in the mail. Looks like a nice piece and won't dent when an insect hits it. The cores are made from very thick aluminum which will be nice to weld on a few tabs for mounting the fans. I'll post up some pictures when I get it completed.

boost21

boooooost
Established Member
Just ordered one of these tonight. Excited for the new look opposed to the fin style he on my car. How have these been holding up for you guys?

ScottySVT

Established Member
I installed mine almost 2 years ago. Maybe 3k on it. Looks great, and no cooling issues with over 700hp. That bleeder screw though.... Smashed that like a week after installing it. Lol. I've since installed a low profile one and have had no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread