Universal Dual Pass HE Install

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Updated pics...
c6e4c990-9205-9d37.jpg

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
x2 very interested in this. ive been looking into this lately as well and the frozenboost.com cooler is huge! im ordering one as well and was thinking about running it pre-killer chiller so its already cooler before getting even colder. for the guys running chiller and he why not do a reroute to have your he inline before the chiller. if you have a he killing your kc i guess you must have it ran after the kc? idk that seems backwards to me. great install op (and others)!!!

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
im actually leaning more towards this one from cx racing. ran one of their 4 cor radiator on my previous gt and the quality is top notch. i like this one because the outlet and inlet are on opposite sides as im planning on doing battery relocation with big box coolant tank in its place so i can run a line right down to it! this is a two core two row and monster in size! its even cheaper on ebay $150 for anyone interested.
Universal Alum Heat Exchanger Air to Water Intercooler | eBay

cxracing website:
cxracing.com: Aluminum Heat Exchanger For Air to Water Intercooler Applications, Core: 24"x8"x2.5"

hope this is useful to some people!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Anymore updates on this? Im going to be getting one of these!

Got your PM too. I'll just respond here so everyone can see.

Unfortunately I haven't had time for testing guys. :nonono: I have been working my ass off. That's the problem when you are a one man business owner. I have also decided to sell my car and move on to something else so I am not sure I will get the data before I sell. If I do I will be sure to post it.

I can say that I randomly check IAT2s as I am driving and the HE is still performing at least as good as the AFCO that was in it before. I just don't have any full 1/4 mile pulls to show you.

x2 very interested in this. ive been looking into this lately as well and the frozenboost.com cooler is huge! im ordering one as well and was thinking about running it pre-killer chiller so its already cooler before getting even colder. for the guys running chiller and he why not do a reroute to have your he inline before the chiller. if you have a he killing your kc i guess you must have it ran after the kc? idk that seems backwards to me. great install op (and others)!!!

Got a link to the product you are talking about?

im actually leaning more towards this one from cx racing. ran one of their 4 cor radiator on my previous gt and the quality is top notch. i like this one because the outlet and inlet are on opposite sides as im planning on doing battery relocation with big box coolant tank in its place so i can run a line right down to it! this is a two core two row and monster in size! its even cheaper on ebay $150 for anyone interested.
Universal Alum Heat Exchanger Air to Water Intercooler | eBay

cxracing website:
cxracing.com: Aluminum Heat Exchanger For Air to Water Intercooler Applications, Core: 24"x8"x2.5"

hope this is useful to some people!

AU-He002-2.jpg

I saw this one but a few things turned me off to it. It would require cutting off those L brackets on the ends to look right in the bumper. It has that radiator cap and I was worried that if it's a cheap one that the seal might not be good and air would get into the system. It's also a tube and fine design and I wanted a bar and plate because they don't damage as easily when rocks hit them.

Don't get me wrong it will work but for my needs I thought the other HE was better. It should perform well though as it is about the same size as all the other single pass HEs on the market for our cars.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
wow frozenboost.com and cxracing... I had to do a double take lol thought I was on the wrong forum for a second. I've been using that chinese garbage on my turbo'd honda for years. Real popular in the honda crowd. Not sure I'd put that stuff on my Cobra though.

earico

Established Member
wow frozenboost.com and cxracing... I had to do a double take lol thought I was on the wrong forum for a second. I've been using that chinese garbage on my turbo'd honda for years. Real popular in the honda crowd. Not sure I'd put that stuff on my Cobra though.

This took all of 5 seconds on Google just now. 7th hit on the search.
ubbthreads.php

:poke:

Oh No-Chinese OEM Parts!! - Crownvic.net

MalcolmV8

Established Member
lol we are surrounded. I have to say my cx racing intercooler is still in one piece so I guess that's good. I'm only at 10lbs of boost on the honda though, I hear the guys running 20 + lbs crack them all the time and have to switch to name brands.
The cx racing turbo I used was a POS as are their turbo manifolds. Cheap sub quality steel on the manifolds that crack and fall apart. Turbo shaft had play in about a week and turbo started smoking and burning oil.
Switched to a name brand high dollar manifold and a precision turbo and never looked back.

Frozenboost.com is hit or miss too. Their clamps, silicon couplers and various aluminum tubing I used for intake stuff has done the job just fine. Some other stuff though like BOVs and what not from them was straight up junk.

earico

Established Member
lol we are surrounded. I have to say my cx racing intercooler is still in one piece so I guess that's good. I'm only at 10lbs of boost on the honda though, I hear the guys running 20 + lbs crack them all the time and have to switch to name brands.
The cx racing turbo I used was a POS as are their turbo manifolds. Cheap sub quality steel on the manifolds that crack and fall apart. Turbo shaft had play in about a week and turbo started smoking and burning oil.
Switched to a name brand high dollar manifold and a precision turbo and never looked back.

Frozenboost.com is hit or miss too. Their clamps, silicon couplers and various aluminum tubing I used for intake stuff has done the job just fine. Some other stuff though like BOVs and what not from them was straight up junk.

I know it's very sad and has been the demise of our great country. Believe me I commend your patriotism but we are already down the rabbit hole. :nonono:

My grandpa was in WW2. As a kid he would look at every new toy I brought over and throw it in the trash can if it said made in China. He would always say that was going to ruin us.....he was right and that was 30 years ago.

More sadness http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/svt-shelby-gt500-150/867169-2013-intercooler-frpp.html Yep the 2013 GT500 OEM intercooler is made in China.

Products from there are hit or miss. Just depends on the level of quality control.

edit: BTW I bet you a case of your favorite beer that your Precision Turbo has Chinese parts in it. :cuss:

Last edited:

MalcolmV8

Established Member
edit: BTW I bet you a case of your favorite beer that your Precision Turbo has Chinese parts in it. :cuss:

Oh I'm sure I'd loose that bet lol. Like you said it's a matter of quality control. There's complete garbage chinese items which is what I was making reference to in my first post and then items that are not so bad like the iphone 5.

danny04mystic

svt and ford enthusiast
Established Member
AU-He002-2.jpg

I saw this one but a few things turned me off to it. It would require cutting off those L brackets on the ends to look right in the bumper. It has that radiator cap and I was worried that if it's a cheap one that the seal might not be good and air would get into the system. It's also a tube and fine design and I wanted a bar and plate because they don't damage as easily when rocks hit them.

Don't get me wrong it will work but for my needs I thought the other HE was better. It should perform well though as it is about the same size as all the other single pass HEs on the market for our cars.

this is actually a dual pass, and my idea was to flip it backward leaving the L brackets and bend them outward maybe to scoop air in from the sides. for the battery coolant box the design suites me nicely, and ive used cx racing radiator before on my sn95 (4 core aluminum) and the quality was top notch. cap is a 16psi i believe

This took all of 5 seconds on Google just now. 7th hit on the search.
ubbthreads.php

:poke:

Oh No-Chinese OEM Parts!! - Crownvic.net

that's awesome!

earico

Established Member
this is actually a dual pass, and my idea was to flip it backward leaving the L brackets and bend them outward maybe to scoop air in from the sides. for the battery coolant box the design suites me nicely, and ive used cx racing radiator before on my sn95 (4 core aluminum) and the quality was top notch. cap is a 16psi i believe

Sounds like it would be worth a try. If you go this route please post your results in here for all of us to see.

BTW I would classify that HE as a single pass. The inlet and outlet are on opposite ends. See diagram:
radguts1mu.jpg

Last edited:

Kyle_KleinSS

Established Member
Might have to get me one of these come spring when I do the pulley swap. My stock unit is all rusted on the sides and looks terrible. Fab work is no prob and I will save so much

SVTPete83

Established Member
Subbing cause I have an eBay inter cooler with some decent results. But always looking for a better cheap alternative.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Sad to say but I'll be in the market for one soon just because my lpf unit has lost that shiny bling factor over the years lol. Wonder if there's a way to make it pop again?

earico

Established Member
Sad to say but I'll be in the market for one soon just because my lpf unit has lost that shiny bling factor over the years lol. Wonder if there's a way to make it pop again?

An old trucker I once knew turned me onto this. You know how those truckers want everything to be shiny and spotless: https://www.zephyrpro40.com/s2/Scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=423

Hands down it's the best polish I have ever used. This stuff and a tooth brush will make that HE of yours look new...at least the tubes.....doing all the fins might be hard. LOL.

This stuff will actually remove layers of the material so use it sparingly. If you use it on chrome plating it wont be long before you see the copper underneath. That's exactly what happened to me after about 1 1/2 years of polishing a set of chrome wheels with it. On bare aluminum it can't be beaten.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Interesting. Like you said I wouldn't be able to get the fins but if it's that strong maybe just spraying it in all the fins and letting it soak a few minutes and then lightly rinsing out with the garden hose might help.

earico

Established Member
Interesting. Like you said I wouldn't be able to get the fins but if it's that strong maybe just spraying it in all the fins and letting it soak a few minutes and then lightly rinsing out with the garden hose might help.

That might work or just put some in the bristles of a tooth brush and brush the fins. It will be like brushing your baby's teeth. :lol:

Flitz is also a good product. Zephyr and Flitz both are deoxidizers which oxidation is the main reason for the loss of luster. Some good before and after shots here for the Zephyr: https://www.zephyrpro40.com/s2/Scripts/client_testimonials.asp

earico

Established Member
Malcolm,

I wanted to show you how well the Zephyr works. I have had this flat bar laying in the garage since the install of the universal HE. So I just picked it up and put a piece of tape on it to give a break line of nonpolished vs polished. Keep in mind I did zero sanding on the bar. I took a paper towel and rubbed the product on and rubbed it off. Did that twice and it took 1 minute total. Here are the results the best I could capture it on my phone.

IMAG0388.gif

IMAG0385.gif

IMAG0382.gif

MalcolmV8

Established Member
That's pretty sweet. I hope it has the same affect on years of grime and oxidation :) I'll give it a try for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread