Universal Dual Pass HE Install

mu22stang

[_==[_=_][_=_3[_=_< /_=_\
Established Member
Yes. It's Torq for Android. Rev is for iPhone but it is dead now. They aren't updating it. Torq gets updates weekly.

All those gauges are customizable. Think of it as a computer desktop. I set all those up and picked the type of gauge and it's size. It'll read any PID. All those were in the list except IAT2. I had to add that PID.

Also do you see that little red tick at 150 on the IAT2? I have 150 degrees set as an audible alarm to notify me in case I didn't notice it was that high. You can set alarms for anything. Ultimately I want an Android head unit running Torq.

Thanks for the info. Sorry for the thread derail.

Vicious805cobra

Established Member
Nice, thanks for the update earico. A while ago my lfp h/e craked from the bottom corner and bought a used afco fairly cheap. I was looking into a new afco unit but I saw your thread and got me thinking into doing one of these.

Last edited:

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Looks really good. I think it may be time for me to remove the ice tank I have in the trunk and run a different setup. Way to think outside the box!

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Clean install :)

Thanks. :beer:

Nice, thanks for the update earico. A while ago my lfp h/e craked from the bottom corner and bought a used afco fairly cheap. I was looking into a new afco unit but I saw your thread and got me thinking into doing one of these.

I don't have the numbers to prove it yet but I bet this will perform as good or better than an Afco. Plus you can't beat the price. You just have to do a little more work.

Looks really good. I think it may be time for me to remove the ice tank I have in the trunk and run a different setup. Way to think outside the box!

Thanks. Just wanted to do something different.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Earico, Thanks for the link. I'm removing my Lfp h/e and was going to buy a stock unit. I'm running a killer chiller and the larger h/e is working against me. Looks like this company offers an exact replica of our factory h/e units..

Water to Air Radiator, 26X7X2"

I'll just have to fab up a bracket like you did and it'll clean up the front end.. My dream was always to eliminate the h/e brackets (such an eye-sore Imo)

Great Job!!!!

earico

Established Member
Earico, Thanks for the link. I'm removing my Lfp h/e and was going to buy a stock unit. I'm running a killer chiller and the larger h/e is working against me. Looks like this company offers an exact replica of our factory h/e units..

Water to Air Radiator, 26X7X2"

I'll just have to fab up a bracket like you did and it'll clean up the front end.. My dream was always to eliminate the h/e brackets (such an eye-sore Imo)

Great Job!!!!

You're welcome!

You can find that unit even cheaper here:
BAR&PLATE FULL ALUMINUM WATER TO AIR INTERCOOLER HEAT EXCHANGER RADIATOR EG EK | eBay

Be advised that unit might flow less water than OEM. I don't have the OEM core measurements to dbl check it. The OEM unit is a single pass. The unit you are looking at is a dbl pass unit. So the flow rate is based on half of the core size.

It will flow less volume but it will be exposed to frontal air for twice the distance.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
You're welcome!

You can find that unit even cheaper here:
BAR&PLATE FULL ALUMINUM WATER TO AIR INTERCOOLER HEAT EXCHANGER RADIATOR EG EK | eBay

Be advised that unit might flow less water than OEM. I don't have the OEM core measurements to dbl check it. The OEM unit is a single pass. The unit you are looking at is a dbl pass unit. So the flow rate is based on half of the core size.

It will flow less volume but it will be exposed to frontal air for twice the distance.

E-Bay Intercooler: Core Size 23.5” x 7” x 2”

Factory Intercooler: Core Size Width measures 22.75" x 6" x 1.25"

Got the #'s for you.. :beer:

earico

Established Member
E-Bay Intercooler: Core Size 23.5” x 7” x 2”

Factory Intercooler: Core Size Width measures 22.75" x 6" x 1.25"

Got the #'s for you.. :beer:

OEM core:
1.25 T x 22.75 L x 6 H = 170.625

Ebay core:
2.0 T x 23.5 L x 7 H = 329
Now divide that 329 by 2 since it's a dbl pass unit. 164.5

Keep in mind those numbers assume the water channels are the same size in both cores. The more accurate way to compare flow of each would to be to fill both cores with water then pour the water out and measure the fluid capacity.

Looks good to me. :rockon: Go for it and report back. FYI my HE came painted silver. I'm sure the one you're looking at is too.

Last edited:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
OEM core:
1.25 T x 22.75 L x 6 H = 170.625

Ebay core:
2.0 T x 23.5 L x 7 H = 329
Now divide that 329 by 2 since it's a dbl pass unit. 164.5

Keep in mind those numbers assume the water channels are the same size in both cores. The more accurate way to compare flow of each would to be to fill both cores with water then pour the water out and measure the fluid capacity.

Looks good to me. :rockon: Go for it and report back. FYI my HE came painted silver. I'm sure the one you're looking at is too.

Thats another reason why this is a great option for killer chiller guys.. It's already silver in color, flows is close to the same as stock unit and the bar and plate design will hold great for street use..
My Larger I/C is killing the efficiency of my KC... Txs again !!!! :beer:

earico

Established Member
Thats another reason why this is a great option for killer chiller guys.. It's already silver in color, flows is close to the same as stock unit and the bar and plate design will hold great for street use..
My Larger I/C is killing the efficiency of my KC... Txs again !!!! :beer:

You're welcome! :beer:

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
IMAG1319.jpg

Mine came in... Can't believe how heavy duty it is.. A boulder can hit this thing and it won't dent... My dream intercooler.
Stock size compared to yr afco unit.

48c3995b-34af-8cf7.jpg

48c3995b-34bf-4d69.jpg

earico

Established Member
Mine came in... Can't believe how heavy duty it is.. A boulder can hit this thing and it won't dent... My dream intercooler.
Stock size compared to yr afco unit.

48c3995b-34af-8cf7.jpg

48c3995b-34bf-4d69.jpg

Looks good! Yeah bar & plate designs are very solid.

It may be hard to do the wrap around bracket that I did with mine on that core you have. There is not much space from the NPT bungs to the face of it. You might not even need a bracket though since yours is thinner.

evolve

Established Member
I wonder if theres a way to hook a cpl of fans to the back (similar to afco). I sure additional fab work is needed, but it might make a significant difference.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
Looks good! Yeah bar & plate designs are very solid.

It may be hard to do the wrap around bracket that I did with mine on that core you have. There is not much space from the NPT bungs to the face of it. You might not even need a bracket though since yours is thinner.

I was already thinking of that.. I have a welder coming to the shop Saturday... This little bitch isn't moving when I'm done with it...

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I wonder if theres a way to hook a cpl of fans to the back (similar to afco). I sure additional fab work is needed, but it might make a significant difference.

I'm running a killer chiller... In my case I wanted to eliminate the 2 brackets that cover the front and minimize the amount of coolant to cool down. This should work perfect.

earico

Established Member
I was already thinking of that.. I have a welder coming to the shop Saturday... This little bitch isn't moving when I'm done with it...

:rockon:

You'll have to cut that biatch out if you ever want to remove it! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread