uneven tire wear

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Has anyone had a problem with their tires wearing unevenly? I notice that mine are wearing out on the inside edge of the rears. Is this due to the IRS? I had an alignment done, but still wearing out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
didnt u cut the springs dude? this is a newb talkin but do u think it might be too low or somethin? cuz im pretty sure that if its lowered to a certain point then u need caster and camber plates, but i havent seen them on the rear wheels on anyones car, so maybe u cant put them on the back. but now that i think about it shouldnt the irs make them evenly level to the ground? just some thoughts, and like i said, i am a newb, i have never messed with the suspension on our cars.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
rrpederson said:
didnt u cut the springs dude? this is a newb talkin but do u think it might be too low or somethin? cuz im pretty sure that if its lowered to a certain point then u need caster and camber plates, but i havent seen them on the rear wheels on anyones car, so maybe u cant put them on the back. but now that i think about it shouldnt the irs make them evenly level to the ground? just some thoughts, and like i said, i am a newb, i have never messed with the suspension on our cars.

:shrug:

TheFleshRocket

Likes to drive sideways.
Established Member
If you have a proper alignment, you shouldn't get uneven tire wear.

I'd recommend taking your car back to the shop that aligned it and asking them to check it again because of your tire wear. At the very least, they should be able to give you a print out of the alignment specs if they put the car on the rack. You can check those specs and make sure they are within the stock range.

Juruense

Banned
Pretty much has to be alignment causing uneven tire wear. Although there is a small chance it could be a blown rear shock.

Usually alignments come with warranties. Make them re-do it until they get it right. I have often had to take cars back two and even three times to get proper aligment or wheel balance. I think a lot of times they do not actually peform any work but just charge you for waiting in the waiting room... Be sure and bitch about your EXPENSIVE tires and ask them give you a healthy tire discount coupon if they also sell tires.

cobra04972tx1

HP, U CAN'T HAVE 2 MUCH
Established Member
Thanks for all the advice. I did cut the springs, but this was happening prior to the springs. I always keep a close on tire pressure. I'll go see if they will check and re-do the alignment. I know these cars need CC plates, I have a set of MM in the garage, and if I can find them, they are going on to so i can have more adjustment.

Jaimie03Cobra

Established Member
I had an alignment done 7000 miles ago and my tire wear in the back is uneven too. It is severely wearing the inside 3 inches of my rear tires. It says I am running 2 degrees negative camber in the back too.

Jaimie

Users who are viewing this thread