Undercarriage Washes

Planter

Banned
Ran a search but didn't find what I was looking for that pertains to this topic.

What is the best way to wash your undercarriage on your car without having to drive through one of those brush based car washes?

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
[youtube_browser]oZORNC0d7-Q[/youtube_browser]

Planter

Banned
I go to touchless washes that spray underneath. Other than that I just clean every time I'm working on something.

when you say touchless washes what do you mean? I've only seen two types of washes around here. the pull into the bay and use the high pressure sprayer or the ones with the spinning brushes that go on top and both sides of the car and those usually have the undercarriage wash.

oooooh snap

Stable Genius
Established Member
A lot of good hand wash car places offer undercarriage washes. The ones near me will throw the car on a jack and power wash underneath.

oldmodman

Established Member
I have always found it easy.

First I drive onto my four post lift.
Then raise the car up to well over head level.
Then I give the greasy parts a spray with cleaner.
Go over each dirty area with a brush then a spray with warm water.
As a final step i generally wax the area.

Crawling around under a car on the ground is just too Chevy.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Run it though a touchless based car wash that doesn't have brushes. During the winter when it's snow/after snow I will run it through once a week to just try and wash out as much road chemicals as possible. Usually the touchless with undercarriage cleaning cost $10 which could be a little costly VS doing it at home.

Then there is something like this.

http://www.amazon.com/16-Undercarriage-Cleaner-4000-PSI/dp/B0065OYYQQ

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
Agreed with self serve warm water power washer. Blast it out real good going back and forth. A close 2nd is a good long drive in the rain as stated. Make sure you have good tires first for rain obviously. I ruined a wheel on a car going through one of those automatic washers one time. Scraped the crap out of it. Never again

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread