Under hood paint

utlong31

Established Member
Alright guys I could use a little help. I picked up my 2017 after the hail damage repair and the under hood paint doesn’t have any clear coat. It’s flat and doesn’t even look like the same color. Hood was replaced and painted. I met with my insurance adjuster and the body shop and they both told me no one cleared under hoods. I explained to them that I have 2 other mustangs and an expedition and they all have clear coat under the hood. Any thought on this. It looks like crap but of course so does the rest of there work but that’s what I get for taking it to the shop my insurance company suggested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

decipha

Established Member
Insurance companies have no say whatsoever.

On my way home from work one day a tow truck hit my ls1 camaro. The insurance company refused to pay any claims since the tow truck was not at fault. A toyota car hit the passenger side of the tow truck and he swerved to the left resulting in me being pinned to the guard rail coming down the greater new orleans crescent city connection bridge. Not a very good feeling. Since the toyota never stopped and the accident was deemed a hit and run and thus no tickets were issued since the tow truck avoided the accident by hitting me I was told by his insurance company when I called and requested $3,500 compensation they said I was SOL. I had my lawyer contact them and they then agreed to have an adjuster look over the vehicle. Their adjuster came up with $2,200 in damages. By this time I already fixed it and provided them the $7,200 repair bill. They refused stating that was more than their estimate and even more than blue book they claimed some bogus crap about not being able to pay out more than blue book which is the a very common myth insurance companies put out there. It took a few going back and back and forth until my lawyer eventually showing them the law which requires a vehicle to be returned to the previously un-wrecked condition. It took 3 weeks but they finally agreed to pay only $7,200. I denied it and countered it yet again demanding they pay my lawyers fees. They agreed.

In the end they ended up paying just over 11,000 when I only asked for 3500 originally.

utlong31

Established Member
I haven’t had a problem with the insurance company other than the shop they recommended. My question was is the under hood paint the same as the rest?

ZEN357

Established Member
You TELL the insurance company where you want to take it, you don't let them tell you. My wife's Challenger got brushed on the front end by someone pulling out of a parking place next to her. They did $800 worth of damage. The insurance company tried to tell me where to take it and how much it was going to cost ($500), I told them to hold on and wait a minute. I told them I'm taking to "This Body Shop" and there is no argument about it. They are the best. I pay my premium and that's how it is and either you can go along with it or I can have one of the lawyers at the law firm I work at get involved and it will cost you a heck of a lot more. Their reaction was "okay, take it to the body shop of your choice and we will pay it." End of discussion. I told them I'm not taking it to some back woods rinky dink shop.

utlong31

Established Member
The Insurance company called to notify me that the body shop would be removing the hood and painting the underside.

utlong31

Established Member
Talk about halfass work.

Pick your poison.

I don’t even think it can qualify as halfass. I’ve been told the car was ready 3 different times and every time it’s had issues. All of them now are things that they have created. No underhood clear, scratches on the top side of new hood along with rough paint. Tool marks on panels they removed, tool marks on spoiler and scratches, burns in paint from buffing. Still had hail dents in drivers door and A pillar. It is very disappointing. Every time I deal with this shop I get madder. They gave me the option to take it somewhere else yesterday and I wish I had. Hopefully since my adjuster got involved it will be done right this time. There not getting my other vehicles.

Users who are viewing this thread