Under Hood Paint: how is yours?

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I've been spending a lot of time with the rainy weather we've been having getting the car cleaned up. I noticed my passenger side was pretty dry on the inside fender (Area where it bolts down) compared to the driver side. Not really a big deal to me but was pretty noticeable when spending a lot of time cleaning/detailing/clay bar paint. It almost looks like clear overspray and wasn't taped up really well and blew in giving the dry look. I'm used to the 03/04 cobras which were pretty decent paint under the hood so maybe the S197 platforms weren't getting the treatment?

I took it to a friends body shop and to a detailer. They both said I should ask around if this is fairly common to others of the generation, Kona or any other colors. The dry paint look is all the way down low into the engine bay so they believe it's just what you see coming out of the factory.

I'm not really concerned either way, but curious about the quality of paint used.

IMG_9723.JPG
IMG_9721.JPG

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Yes, it's dry. A light coat of tire dressing will shine it up a little bit while also moisturizing the paint. Waxing in there is pointless.

Users who are viewing this thread