Under hood detail

Chipofsc

Established Member
Hey guys I'm trying to inprove the under hood look of my cobra. All the alumium brackets and heads have tarnished. Any suggestion on how to clean it to make it look good again. My plan is to remove the blower belt and rollers with the brace that holds the idle rollers to replace the belts and idle rollers.

03' White Snake

Established Member
A soft brass bristle brush works good. It will remove the oxidation without scratching the metal.

I just removed my timing cover, pulley bridges and brackets and painted everything. Replaced all the idlers and inner belt too while I was in there. Looks like a brand new engine. It is a lit of work but worth it in my opinion.

Chipofsc

Established Member
100_0371 - Copy.jpgWhat color did you paint the covers. I want to do the black valve covers with chrome coil covers but haven't tried pulling those bad boys off yet. I was going to attack the front of the engine first with the gates green belts and new idle rollers.

A soft brass bristle brush works good. It will remove the oxidation without scratching the metal.

I just removed my timing cover, pulley bridges and brackets and painted everything. Replaced all the idlers and inner belt too while I was in there. Looks like a brand new engine. It is a lit of work but worth it in my opinion.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Here's an in-process cell pic. Cell pictures don't do justice. It looks 100 times better in person.

20150405_190235_zpstbzx8xxk.jpg

Chipofsc

Established Member
I see you have the valve covers off. How was that process. Did you have to remove the KB to get the passenger side off. Looks good so far.

Users who are viewing this thread