Uncertain Future for Mustang week

GeorgiaSnake

Established Member
Ok, this is a must see for all of us who like Mustang Week. I hate being right sometimes, but I ranted and warned about this every time someone posted the video on Facebook that was featured by the local news station and other similar videos. The event is in trouble. I went through a similar circumstance one time when I was the club President for the Mustang Club of Charleston (SC). Even if nothing too drastic happens, we will be on probation and watched to make sure things like they refer to don't happen anymore.

http://www.wbtw.com/story/26659533/uncertain-future-of-mustang-week-in-horry-county

The Snake

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
We have been warning about this for a LONG time.

We have been told what we (the MW Staff) must do/provide to be able to get permits for next year. The county spelled it out very clearly. We will do all they ask of us. As far as MW 2015 goes, all is still good, as long as we comply. But, as the OP said, you can certainly bet that MW 2015 will be watched closely.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
I'm sure we will see details on the main roadway leaving the mall next year which I'm fine with.

People wanna burn tires... do it during the svtp burnout contest.

Mellis

Established Member
I'm sure we will see details on the main roadway leaving the mall next year which I'm fine with.

People wanna burn tires... do it during the svtp burnout contest.

True. I think more people would opt for this if it were in the center section of the track. A couple years ago an unofficial burnout contest spawned there, and it was 10x better than the official one. It got stopped because a rock kicked up and hit someones car, from what i heard anyways. Move it to the center, clean it up after the autoX and i bet 5x more cars would do it.

GeoSnake

Mustang Week Staff
Established Member
True. I think more people would opt for this if it were in the center section of the track. A couple years ago an unofficial burnout contest spawned there, and it was 10x better than the official one. It got stopped because a rock kicked up and hit someones car, from what i heard anyways. Move it to the center, clean it up after the autoX and i bet 5x more cars would do it.

As we have said many times before... If you think of it or have an idea, we've discussed it and explored it ten times before.

This suggestion doesn't exactly work with what the Speedway wants. We don't do track rental at MB Speedway. They get the gate fees and get to have some input on the day's events. They want the burnout contest in front of the stands. Just for the sake of argument, we will explore it again, but I wouldn't bet that it brings any more out for the contest.

Users who are viewing this thread