UN chief says anti-Islam film 'disgraceful, shameless'

wurd2

Bingo.
Established Member
UN chief says anti-Islam film 'disgraceful, shameless'

bankimoonafp1e.jpg

...Calling freedom of expression and assembly "inalienable" rights, Mr Ban said on Wednesday that they "must be guaranteed and protected when they are used for common justice, common purpose."

"When some people use this freedom of expression to provoke or humiliate some others' values and beliefs, then this cannot be protected in such a way," Mr Ban added, speaking to reporters at the UN headquarters in New York...

The real shameless disgrace here—aside from the Islamic campaign of murder and destruction that has now spread to at least 20 countries as a result of the anti-Islam film—is this highlighted travesty of reason on the part of the UN chief. Curtailing the freedom of expression to safeguard against emotional offense is nothing short of eviscerating the core of the principle itself.

The freedom of expression concerns the right of filmmakers to produce an offensive film as much as it concerns the right of viewers to witness it. The further out an opinion rests on the fringe of consensus, the more important its protection becomes. If we are going to constrain our freedom of expression from breaching into areas of offense, then we must designate one or more human beings to define and outline those areas of censorship. This is to say that we must endow someone or some group with the authority to control what we can say or write and, by direct consequence, what we can hear or read.

I don't know about you, but I am at a loss for providing nominees.

6.0GTO

Established Member
This guy and offended Muslins might as well get over it. The legal right to express an idea is not going away. If it is offensive, don't freaking watch it. These people are idiots.

I find it offensive the way a very large part of the Muslin world celebrated the attack on this country in 2001. I did not go out and start killing people because of it.

What exactly are they supposed to say though when many Islamic nations are part of the UN? The UN also walks the political correctness beat.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
You guys are funny.

"Islamists need to deal with it!"

"Westboro is protesting again? Someone needs to shoot them!"

LOL and picking and choosing with the first amendment.

Jroc

Established Member
I've said it before and I'll say it again.

"**** the UN"

Last edited:

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
You guys are funny.

"Islamists need to deal with it!"

"Westboro is protesting again? Someone needs to shoot them!"

LOL and picking and choosing with the first amendment.

Hey I don't like them but they are allowed to say what they want, that's why I love it when people wall off their protests. Heck even the Westboro church people arn't killing others in the name of their profit. Muslims can protest yeall and scream but they can't kill, loot, and burn the city down over a movie. UN is not our friend.

Last edited:

evil04svtcobra

Established Member
So stupid.... Pretty much the movie is a "Hot Shots" style movie about the Islamic religion and the so called profit Muhammad.

Im so glad we live in a country where a movie like this can be made. The Islamic world, and everyone that is trying to be so politically correct needs to get a life, and move on.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
provoke? the supreme court has ruled on that one

Schenck v. U.S. (1919)

"The most stringent protection of free speech," he said, "would not protect a man in falsely shouting fire in a theatre and causing a panic." Justice Holmes compared that circumstance to living in a nation at war. "When a nation is at war," he said, "many things that might be said in time of peace are such a hindrance to its effort that their utterance will not be endured so long as men fight and that no Court could regard them as protected by any constitutional right." During war, he thought, the government certainly has the power to prevent obstructions to recruitment. Therefore, it also has the power to punish someone who uses words that are proven to cause such obstructions. "The question in every case," said Holmes, "is whether the words are used in such circumstances and are of such a nature as to create a clear and present danger that they will bring about the substantive evils that Congress has a right to prevent."

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I see a lot of censorship in our future... or maybe I should say "attempted censorship". The internet would be the primary target as it's the only source viewable from any computer worldwide and our government has absolutely no control over it right now, but we know for a fact they are working on it! There's going to be some serious blowback the day that happens.

Planter

Banned
yet it's ok for the Islamowhacks to call everyone who doesn't believe in the Islamic religion "Infidels" who will be put to death one at a time. :bored:

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Cry me a river you ****ing pansies.

yet it's ok for the Islamowhacks to call everyone who doesn't believe in the Islamic religion "Infidels" who will be put to death one at a time. :bored:

Not to mention strapping bombs to their chests to blow people up that don't share in their beliefs.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The most disgraceful and shameless act is our so called 'leaders' in DC tripping over themselves to apologize for this ****ing bullshit film....

crew_dawg16

Established Member
We should start an SVTP Muhammed/Mohammed/Muhammad/Mohammad comic strip. A new funny every day!

I figure that in about 10 years all the able-bodied Muslims will have killed each other, eliminating the need for war!

Para81

Established Member
I'm deeply offended by the flag burnings. I can't wait to sign for another 12 months overseas and make more big profits doing what I do best.

Oh and thank you Islamic fundamentalists, I owe my new Boss to you :beer:

Allah Akbar. Baka Bazi.

Users who are viewing this thread