Ultimate Showdown: L&S vs JLP Separators

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
Okay, I know last year there was a BIG discussion on NLOC about JL's separator on if it really worked and why it may create idle problems. But the topic hasn't really been discussed recently between the two products, at least I haven't found much on this forum.

I rarely hear problems with the L&S not eliminating at least 95% of the oil going to the intercooler. But a lot of guys do not want to spend the $200 plus for it.

On the other hand, the JLP Separator is much cheaper and has a stealth look. But there have been complaints about that the parts used can be found for $5-$10 in a hardware store and that the idle increases upon installation of the kit.

I just would like to have everyone's updated opinion on this war of the separators....Discuss

FordFanStan

Established Member
All seperators FTL :nono:

PCV delete FTMFW :rockon:

Otherwise just delete the PCV to the top plenum, yes oil will still puddle in the lower intake, but that is beyond the intercooler and it costs less, and it takes away one less hose. My .02 cents, FFS

JohnnyLightning

Established Member
Our Oil kit is a "eliminator" kit not a "seperator" kit. altho there have been a few idle issues with some vehicles we have instructed everyone to install it the stage 2 way for now on..this eliminated ALL adle issues and will "eliminate" ALL oil from getting into the intake...end of story..i just wanted to clear the idle issues up.No more issues...JL

kennster

Long Haired Lightning
Established Member
does deleting the PCV affect the emissions??..

Also..i cant find the oil separator on the JLP site...

Last edited:

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
Our Oil kit is a "eliminator" kit not a "seperator" kit. altho there have been a few idle issues with some vehicles we have instructed everyone to install it the stage 2 way for now on..this eliminated ALL adle issues and will "eliminate" ALL oil from getting into the intake...end of story..i just wanted to clear the idle issues up.No more issues...JL

JL, thanks for clearing up the question with your kit, good to hear it straight from the source.

Kennster, you wont find the separator, excuse me, (eliminator) on JLs site, I think if you want it, you can just call up and place an order. But here is a picture of what the kit looks like from one of the threads on NLOC...
Jlp Oil Seperator???? - The National Lightning Owners Club Inc

wrxman60

Premiere Wheelman
Established Member
Just found out that now JLPs oil separators are now only $20, tough to pass up on that

Z7What