Ugly

Driver500

Established Member
prob have the v8 option as a premium model. I like it and a properly designed IRS will be a nice addition. I'm digging the styling.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
That's not an actual model of the 2015. They still haven't released the design. I'm praying it won't look anything like that. It will have IRS which will do good as long as they make it strong. And there is no way that they won't include a V8. Don't worry my friend! The end of the Mustang is not yet upon us!!!

Fordfourlife

Established Member
That is a pic of the 2011 ford evo prototype, not the Mustang. It is possible the Mustang could be based on a similar platform though. It is known the new mustang will lose the retro look so you might as well get that through your heads now so your not dissapointed later when it does not look like a 69 fastback.

Last edited:

kens88gt

Established Member
I've been a Mustang fanatic most of my life. Skipping the Mustang II, Ford has always done a wonderful job with the styling. I still love my '88 GT, don't ask me why. For the most part you have always been able to see the heritage in the styling, and Mustangs have always been downright gorgeous cars (for the price). I sure hope the 2015 doesn't resemble the thing in that article. Looks like it shoud be a Japanese or Korean vehicle. I suspect they will keep a V-8; it's just a question of for how long. They have too much invested in the development of the new 5.0 to drop it so quickly. I can remember thinkinig the Mustnag was dead when they put the Mustang II out. I will keep my fingers crossed!

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
All I read was blah-blah-blah screw our American buyers, we want to please europe. We didn't learn anything the last time we put a 4 cylinder in the damn car.

99PunisherSVT

Established Member
All I read was blah-blah-blah screw our American buyers, we want to please europe. We didn't learn anything the last time we put a 4 cylinder in the damn car.

Goddamn Europe... :fm:

Unfortunately though, I'm sure the 4 cyl will do well over there; maybe here too. As I stated in a previous thread, it's only a matter of time before we see a diesel Mustang in the European market.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Goddamn Europe... :fm:

Unfortunately though, I'm sure the 4 cyl will do well over there; maybe here too. As I stated in a previous thread, it's only a matter of time before we see a diesel Mustang in the European market.

blasphemy!!!!!

Look they can do all that for those markets, fine....but for gods sake make sure you stay true to heritage back home! I also know the styling will be different, im just waiting to see an actual concept release...:pop:

jbs$

Established Member
Buy them while you can boys, nothing last forever. Put a crate engin aside, you will need it.

908ssp

Established Member
2013 looks awesome the 2010/12 looks like like crap with all that raw plastic.

Those renderings derived from the EVO look terrific. I just wish they'd put a the 3.6 Ecoboost motor in it. My buddies Ecoboost truck makes well over 500 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels with nothing but a tune, cold air kit and exhaust.

Last edited:

spazpilot

Established Member
Glad I bought my 2013! May like the new one once it comes out, but if all is true, all they are doing is build an American version of a 370z or BMW 335 coupe. Not a Muscle car.

Snake Plissken

Established Member
Once again the Mustang changes. As we all know that's nothing new. Look at all the changes she's gone through in almost 50 years.

Everybody has their favs and the ones they can't stand, weather it be in design (looks) or mechanical. To me the biggest change as far as looks happened with the Fox body; didn't look anything like the 60s - early 70s - mid to late 70s Mustangs. Even the hated (by most) Mustang II had 'some' similarities to the earlier Mustangs. But the Fox body looked nothing like her predecessors.

Well, Saddle-up guys 'cause here we go again! It's going to be another L-O-N-G ride!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
2013 looks awesome the 2010/12 looks like like crap with all that raw plastic.

Those renderings derived from the EVO look terrific. I just wish they'd put a the 3.6 Ecoboost motor in it. My buddies Ecoboost truck makes well over 500 foot pounds of torque at the rear wheels with nothing but a tune, cold air kit and exhaust.

I've sold over 200 Ecoboost F-150's, I've never been lucky enough to come across one with a 3.6L in it... I've just had the standard 3.5L's? :shrug:

truebluedevil02

Captain Jackstands
Established Member
Am I the only one who is looking forward to the new design? I know they have not released a confirmed picture of it yet but I dig the Evo prototype looks, so if its similar to that, ill be happy. So long as it comes with a V8 option.

908ssp

Established Member
Am I the only one who is looking forward to the new design? I know they have not released a confirmed picture of it yet but I dig the Evo prototype looks, so if its similar to that, ill be happy. So long as it comes with a V8 option.

No I think it could be terrific. Especially setting the goal even higher to out BMW the BMW. They did it the hard way with the Boss put some more modern engineering on the new car and they can really brag. Like I have said a twin turbo V6 would be very cool.

Users who are viewing this thread