ugh, what a crap day.......

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Cobra sits in the garage, Lions play on the road (guaranteed loss), Nascar is rain delayed, Kids are driving me nuts.

At least I have somewhere to whine.

Did some tuning on my WRX today. Installed a boost gauge. Had to use my UTEC and laptop to alter my boost map to cope with colder temps. Seeing knock in the midrange. Was boosting 18.5, now down to 15.3.

UTEC has similarities to Predator, more friendly though.

Anybody else care to whine:whine:

spankin

Established Member
I feel your pain,,,had to take the chromies off today.. but I like to snowmobile, so I take the good with the bad.

Later

MIke

hockeypuck_74

Established Member
Drove my 91 Legacy wagon to Portland on Saturday to watch a game. Saw some of the most ricey cars yet to date that were just begging to be raced against. It was sunny, warm, and the roads were great.

Did I mention that I was in my Legacy and not my Mustang? :(

Blue03

Established Member
This has been a trying day, On the drive to Flint today traffic was ungodly on I-75 due to several stars, etc giving a "motivational program" at the Palace. It motivated 2 million people to congest the freeways during morning rush hour :??: On the plus side I ordered the MRT H-pipe for the Cobra and I think I will install my 2.76 pulley before winter arrives. Hopefully all will go well. I have some odds and ends work to do on my other cars so this will keep me busy too as well. I am going to try and hit the strip on Sat if the weather permits for one final blast. Crossing my fingers.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue03
..... On the plus side I ordered the MRT H-pipe for the Cobra .....

Like to hear how that sounds.
I am a huge fan of o/r H and flows, just wish it didn't rob power.
I'd lose the Bassani in a second for an equal power flows setup.
What cat back are you running again bud?
Let me know if you get that pipe on.

Maybe those chambered mufflers by that place in Livonia after I et my live axle planned?????????????

Blue03

Established Member
Postban, finally got a chance to check the board. The pipe is ordered and was shipped on the 28th so I should see it soon. I already have the car on the lift, just waiting for the part. I was in your neck of the woods last night and ended up breaking the trans in my Camaro racing some guy in a GT. The only consolation was winning. Oh well.............I listened to a clip of the MRT pipe before I ordered and it sounds like just what you expect, deep and musclecar. I have the magnaflow catback on my Cobra. If we have another get together hopefully I will have the pipe on it. I am going to try and make Milan again on Saturday, supposed to be test and tune only so hopefully it will be better than the last time I went. :shrug: Hope everything is going good.....................

Blue03

Established Member
UPDATE: I neglected to look in my backyard and discovered a large package. It's here!! All I can say is WOW!! This pipe is very nice. The quality looks superb, the welds are neat and clean, nice mandrel bends, has the bolts and a new gasket for the one exhaust manifold. I am off of work tomorrow so this will be done by tomorrow evening. I will give you guys the update on installation, fit and performance!!

Users who are viewing this thread